Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey all you shotgun fans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Jun 26, 2006.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

any idea where I can locate some bayonet lugs ( and bayonet) for a winchester model 12 12 gauge?

I've never seen them on EBay or gun show, so I thought I'd ask the second amendment enthusausts here.

Tom

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Did a quick google search... didn't find what you need... but I found something I want! lol!

[​IMG]

if they designed it so you could use the factory tube AND the drum at the same time... it would own all. 18 rounds of 00? woohoo!

ok, hijack over, :thumb:

j

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Cheaper than Dirt maybe?

John

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

They have one for a Remington 1100?

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You planning on running out of ammo?

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Squirrels! :wink1:

7. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

I just bought a 12ga model 500 Mosberg, with the pistol grip and tactical barrel. I installed an adjustable stock with a dual impact absorbtion system... I went out and shot clays with it for a whole day. I put 22 boxes of shells through it and my shoulder didn't even know it. I took out the block so it would hold 5 shots and it was great. I am going to get the above shown barrel clips and kit. That look like a lot of fun. The ONLY downside is loading it. For clays I think that the stock system is the best because I can have 5 ready at all times and loading between pulls is FAST where as loading the barrel clips would take time and since the clips are $100 each I don't plan to have more than a couple.

I may buy another 500 and modify it for the barrels clips only... A really effective home defense weapon.

Oh the only complaint I have is that hitting the safety is cumbersome on the first shot. But once I got in rhythm shooting clays it was never a problem.

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

which stock did you put on that?? I got one of those 500 "Persuaders" for christmas and the pistol grip wrecks you with full power loads. I did find some low recoil law enforcement rounds that are OK though. Mine holds 7 though, why only five on yours??

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Depending on the round, I can fit 8 in the tube on my Persuader, but the 00 shells I bought are just a tiny bit longer, so only 7 go. He must not have gotten the Persuader.

I had never dreamed of a bayonet on a shotgun...

10. bigbluesuburban

I am TOTALLY new to shotguns... SO my purchase went something like this... HOLY CRAP, that looks way cool.... Hmmmm I need to have something to shoot this weekend on that retreat. Lets see if it fits my criteria... BLACK... COOL LOOKING... Useless for hunting... and your kidding, I can put a ten round clip modification on it... I'll take it!!!!

Now that I know more... I am doing research for my NEXT shotgun...

Oh and the stock I got is a little collapable adjustable model. I will get a picture of it in the next couple days.

Sorry I can't be more help. I am just getting back into owning firearms... and I was never a real knowledgeable gun fanatic, but all that is changing now.

Tell me more about this Persuador you speak of...

11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

mine is this one, but a pistol grip but I really like this one too, that speedfeed stock is cool:

[​IMG]

www.mossberg.com has all the models there. lots of accessories available for these guns as well.

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Fifi.jpg

This is Fifi. 12 Ga. Mossberg 500 Persuader. Holds 7-8 2.75" shells, and will accept 3" shells. Easy change barrel, and many modifications are available.

www.cheaperthandirt.com has a bunch of mods for shotguns.

Fifi.jpg

13. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

According to some Winchester information I've seen, the model 12's were outfitted with them for use in vietnam.

Tom

14. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I have seen those before (a "trench" or "tunnel" gun) but never seen an aftermarket bayonet lug. I've got a crapload of catalogs for mil./L.E. equipment at home, I'll take a look.

15. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

No, but I like both guns AND knives, so blending the two would be cool. Besides, it'll come in handy clearing the front porch when the hippy college students show up to bother me at election time with their petitions..

Tom

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeppers, plenty of bayos on WWI trench guns. Funny story: The shotgun was so effective during WWI that the German government actually filed a formal legal complaint which not only claimed that the shotgun was an evil weapon, but the threat that Americans shot-gunners would be summarily executed if captured. Back in those days we had balls of steel though... we basically sent a letter back that said 'go ahead and do that, we'll just adopt a similar policy aimed at any captured German guys carrying 8mm rifles.' :thumb: Suffice it to say, there isn't a single account of an American POW being summarily executed just because he carried a shotgun. :)

j

17. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

and here is a picture:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. bigbluesuburban

I am not so much into attaching a bayonette to my shotgun... that's more close combat combined with really close combat... What I would like it this...

[​IMG]

... and then you could always just put a bayonette on you M16... Mmm Mmm GOOD.

19. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would be cool. I would also scare the crap out of the door to door aggrivations...

20. bigbluesuburban

This is the one I bought... I still don't have the stock information. I will get a pick of my gun with the stock tomorrow...

[​IMG]