Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey, ARVEETEK, can you help me please?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Jaguargt, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Jaguargt

Jaguargt Registered Member

hi man, you answered a post about a wrong shifting 700R4, and thanx for your answer, since i bought my k5, has been shifting that wrong way, and i think you're right about the governor, but there are specific spring colors for a diesel governor? thanx for your help.

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

I don't know about different colors, but there are different weights. Let me see if I can look up that info for you.

Casey

3. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Here's the best info I could find so far. There was a site at one time that listed all the different weights for the governors and what they were used behind, but that site is not longer working. Here is what I do know: The diesel governor for the 700 has the heavy weights, and is usually marked "D". The weights should be at least 3/16" thick. The thinner weights are used for gasser engines.

Here is a little more info:

STock Diesel Governor is $22 PN 35892
    www.bulkparts.com

Here is a governor kit that lets you modify shift points:

http://superior-transmission.com/products/high_performance/the_shift_point_package.htm

Good luck!

Casey

4. Jaguargt

Thanx, because i'm from Guatemala, and here there are only a few places where you can buy parts for automatic transmisions, and they ask for the old part, and i don't have the right one, but i'm thinking on buy one online, do you know about some place? thanx. (i looked at carparts, b&m and they don't have it).

5. Jaguargt

Thanx man, really, i'll look in that places. thanx again.