Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey AZ guys

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Oct 10, 2006.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

On the way back from Moab I noticed a noise that wasn't the driveshaft vibes . Turns out I toasted my 12 bolt housing sometime to match the AZdriveline CV I grenaded in Moab ( H is ok , just need the little tin thingy , the yoke is in need of the ball socket ground off and a new one welded in ) . And I drove the damn thing home from Moab the whole way on the spare shaft .

Still not ready for the jump to 8 lug stuff . I have the stuff to fix what I have , and thats cheaper right now . Just gonna borrow the 12 bolt housing out of the garage .

I am looking for MORE 12 bolts , clicky

Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  2. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

sounds like a lot of fun when things break! i've broken the 10b R&P twice and cracked the 241 so I know that festering feeling of wishing it broke in the driveway instead lol... I'm moving up to bigger beefier stuff now, cant afford to be stuck anymore.

by the way, how was BB06? I didnt go due to $$ reasons.... I know I am new to CK5 but if it's not too much to ask, could i see some pix of you guys wheeling n flexing at moab?
    I gotta get myself a camera so i can snap and post some pix of my rig and action on the trails....

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Web-Wheelers don't break stuff :)

4. pauly383

It isn't too fun . Carpooled with wifey this morning . I am just not ever going to hop my truck . After the front locker is in this next week , if one bump don't do it , I am asking for a strap !

I usually don't hammer on it at all , and I should of been below 20 psi in my tires .

Oh well 45 bucks in seals , some gear oil , and see if Nate wants to help set the gears up .

Just need something to put back under my project , and buy gears again :waytogo:

5. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

hey pauly sorry about the luck man..... sorry if i appeared to offend ya....i wasnt trying to be obnoxious and rub ya the wrong way dude...
    i don't like breaking stuff but i do sometimes get into that "yeehaw General Lee" spirit about it.
    hope you get it fixed up as well... same goes for me.
    holler at me when you're back on the trails, i'll go with ya!:waytogo:

6. pauly383

No offense taken , I don't stay mad long , and I give the most crap to those I kinda like . I just don't pound Sycamore :p:<-------------- see I have a funny bone ;)

Just speak your mind around me and we will be fine man :thumb:

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

You'll love the front locker. It definitely helps you crawl over things. I could get over all the stuff I wanted to without needing to bump it. I have bad memories of hopping on Gold Bar Rim. :wink1:

Now I'm back to open/open. :(

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Pauly....

Are you 3.73 geared...? I have a spare 12b rear you can borrow if you like... :deal:

Marv

9. pauly383

Well , I am looking forward to the 4.56 :thumb: If I don't do it now , I probably won't , and I already have the gearsets .

I will need 3.73's for the truggy , to go with 35's and a doubler , but supposedly , a 3.73 axle minus drums will be in my possesion next week to make the project roll again , and I can button her up when you get those locker pieces to Allan ( I loaned him my c-clip spacers for his rear locker ) :thumb:

10. pauly383

BTW MR Marv , when I go BACK to 28 spline up front ( I have more 28 spline spares ) , do you want the 30 spline stuff back ??

11. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

yes.... I do...

Marv