Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey BOWTIE.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TB2Blazer, Apr 21, 2005.

1. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Hey I saw your rig in the K5 Evolution thread and I have to know.......did you make that cage yourself or whats the story on that cause that thing is BADA$$!!!! I'll have to say thats the best looking K5 I've seen...........nice job. Also, what kind of engine,axles, gear ratio, lift, ect... are you running??? Gimme the stats.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  2. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i had the design somewhat in my head as to how i wanted it but no means of getting it done. so i got with an offroad fab shop here and together we came out with what you see.

as far as the other specs just your normal 350, 700r and 208 case. axles are 35 splined D60 and 14ff with detroits and 5.13s. future plans are doubler with a 400 tranny and converting it to propane. later on swapping springs to the 52 - 56 combo.

3. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

If you don't mind me asking how much did it run you.......and where can I get the blueprints.......unless you make them and sell them.

4. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

somwhere around 2500 i don't quite remember it was awhile ago.

as far as plans i'm not sure if he has any. what i did was i took him alot of pictures of cages on different rigs and we went form there.

5. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Is there any way you could take some "detailed" pics of your rig and cage setup for me and send them to TB2Blazer@yahoo.com??? I would greatly appreciate it because I would like to do a setup similar to yours. Thanks.

6. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Also what kinda lift setup are you running on that thing?