Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEY BOWTIERED-PLUG ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Dec 27, 2003.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

what's up. the plug you showed me in the pic looks like a hex head bolt. my block looks just like the dip stick tubes spot. all others are free to respond and will be thanked . the dealer doesn't show a part #for it. 350 crate engine. thanks again. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Which plug are you talking about? Location on block, etc.?

Maybe I or someone else can help, as soon as we understand what you are dealing with. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. boggerless

it's on the pass side of the block. where the oil dip stick would be on the drivers side.the dealer shows no part #. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif what the hell is it. thanks daryl /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

it is a GM Goodwrench block.
    certian apps had the dipstick on one side and others on the other. the plug is so you can plug the unused dipstick hole. all the new blocks are made like this. id put money on it that the block says "made in mexico" up by the casting numbers on the BH mount flange.
    Grant

5. boggerless

what i'm looking for is where the hell to get it?the dealer didn't know what it was(local dealer).i got the engine from a dealer 3 hours away. there was no one at the time selling this engine,everyone around here just had the high performance engines.i don't want to drive 3 hours for a plug. like i said BOWTIERED had a bolt in his, it looked like anyway.this is the thing keeping me from driving JR every day again. thanks daryl /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

well when i got the engine i hadn't put it in, mainly because i lacked the skills at the time. but here's what i'll do. i'll pull the plug, and look and see what size it is and whatnot. i believe any hex head bolt of the right size should work. it doesn't have a whole lot of pressure on it, but maybe some kind of sealer would help on the threads. give me till 3 or 4 today. it's 9AM now, so i can't really say i'm anxious to do it immediately.

7. boggerless

thanks bro.i didn't now if it treaded in or not. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif