Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Bubba

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Look where we went this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    [​IMG]

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

very cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

ROCK OF THE MARNE!!!!!

Can't wait, I'm sure there's gonna be some dumba** who asks WTF was Audie Murphy..........

Audie Murphy was some small runt of a boy who went into the Army during WW2 and opened up a Texas sized barrel of whupa** on the Germans.........Correct me if I'm wrong, he still to this day is the most decorated soldier ever to serve, and that includes the CMH, which he earned IIRC for jumping on top of a burning tank and hosing down Germans with the Ma Duece on the turret.

Audie Murphy was in the 15th Infantry Regiment and I'm here to tell y'all that the 15th still to this day worships Audie Murphy. By the way, a couple of battalions of the 15th are in the 3ID (which Murphy was in), and if you are under a rock, the 3ID was the first regular Army units across the LD and the first to roll into Baghdad.

In this day and age, the Army has what is called the Audie Murphy board. If you win that, you're a fawking hero of the highest order to make it to the top.

After he left the Army, IIRC due to injuries sustained when the tank blew up, he searched for fame and fortune in Hollywood and starred in a few westerns that I know of.

On the headstone, you will see the intials OLC. For those that don't know, that means Oak Leaf Cluster. That is 5x per cluster. Hmmm.

The guy was a real American hero......

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Look where we went this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

The stories I could tell you being in Co E(Honor Guard) 1/3rd US Inf reinf. (The Old Guard)

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

YEa the wife and I decided we need to start draging the kids out and teaching them something, My parents paid a couple grand to send me up here during spring break in 1980, It would be a shame to be this close to DC and not take advantage of it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Last month it was the Washington MOnument, Lincoln Memorial and the Wall. If youve never been to the wall it's a must see and its awesome at 11 at night. Nothing like dragin the 5&8 yr old to DC from 1900-0130. They had a blast /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My work takes me to Farmersville, Texas almost daily.....

Audie Murphy's hometown....

I've met several of his direct kin, including one of his sisters....lots of pictures, plaques, and busts in this small town of about 1800....the cobblestone main street has been Decked with American Flags since Way before Sept 11....

During and after his movie career, he was plagued with flashbacks and rarely slept for more than a few hours at a time....

He also Earned all his Medals before he was 19... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif