Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEY BUUBA WHAT HAPPENED??????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sapper, Dec 7, 2002.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just in case anyone missed it, the Army-Navy game was today and the Navy Midshipmen out scored the Army Cadets 58 to 12. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

So Navy finishes 2-10 and Army finishes 1-11. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

3. sapper

I think you missed the point, both of those teams could get there butts kicked all year but winning that game makes it a winning season. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I understand that completely! So why doesn't a bunch of guys from Parris Island get together and kick all their butts? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. sapper

I guess because we fall nto the Department of the Navy (the MENS department) there is no Marine Corps college, thats prolly a good thing because it saves the rest of the country from getting there butts kicked. On the gridiron only of course /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Yup - knew the Marines were a 'division' of the Navy - just wanted to see if I could elicit a response outa ya. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Wasn't it on TV? Didn't watch much sports today - had too many things to do around the house. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Who cares? The game that really matters is on right now and it's OU beating the tar out of CU. I did watch a little bit of the Army Navy game, just to see the patches they wearing. By the way, the Sheriff of Spelling would like to let you know you have committed a violation on your thread title. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. sapper

not really a "division" we were made a seperate service (i dont remeber the date and hate it when i forget things) a long time ago /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif we just fall into the Department of the Navy. Thats really how it got started way back on Nov 10th 1775 and was our main purpose for while just serving on ships. Alot of people dont know but the Corps was actually disbanded and then reesablished a few years later. The combination with the Navy workes good because we are the only branch of the Armed Forces that does not require Congress' approval to go somewhere, kinda like the Presidents ace in the hole to pull out when he needs to serve notice on someone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and of course we need to get there!!

9. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    By the way, the Sheriff of Spelling would like to let you know you have committed a violation on your thread title.

[/ QUOTE ]
    At least he didn't spell it "Bubby"!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. sapper

well spelling is not my strong point to live with it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. i could really give a !hit also. some of those Midshipmen will coming to Marines and i'll have to put up with them (every officer should have a good conduct first IMHO) but it is something to rib you about BRBoudreaux /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ...it got started way back on Nov 10th 1775

[/ QUOTE ]
    You have me at a disadvantage, sir... I didn't know the Marines were formed that long ago. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    I never served in the military (there was this very unpopular 'police action' gong on when I was of age), so I do not know the history. I guess I should. We all should. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. sapper

wow your old!!!! just kidding im having a problem with turning 30 next year and trying to figure out what happened to the last ten years iv been doing this. its amazing to me what people dont know in this country, not that you should know the Marines birthday, i dont any other branchs, but have you ever seen when shows go out and ask people questions about the US and they dont have a clue? ie Who did we win our independence from? HUH????im sure some will not figure out what "police action" you spoke of and if they do its because of a tv show. thats one of the reasons im going to teach history after retiring, got to do something with all the books i read /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've never really followed the Army-Navy game. I don't know, I guess I didn't really give a sh*t about future officers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. sapper

i found it, had to pull a book, the Corps was disbanded 1783 untill Congress reestablished the Marines in 1798

15. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

If the Army of 1 could play as a team maybee they could accomplish somthing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine who is in the Marines enlightened me today about the Army; Aint Ready to be a Marine Yet. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

So what were the marines looking for back in those days? A few good mules? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif We have some marines in our club and I was astonished to find out that they just had their 227th birthday (something like that).

And about that so called police action... What are we going to call the new war on Iraq? Isn't that a police action also? I'm starting to wonder why we (the US) seem to think that we have to run the whole damn world. And if we're so worried about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction, why don't we just nuke the place and be done with it. OH! We can have weapons of mass destruction but no one else can?

Hmmm how did I get started on this? Better shut up and give you back your thread... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif