Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey CanmoreK5! Sup wit dat? Put it back!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hey CanmoreK5. Sup with locking the truckers thread? I didn't see you locking any of the POLITICS threads when people were calling me a fu*k head for not liking Bush! Sup wit dat man? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I really thought we were getting somewhere with that thread. And it was a good place to vent about something we rarely get to vent on. Just because a couple of folks resort to name calling in order to try to make thier point is no reason to lock a thread up on the rest of us... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yeah, what the hell???? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I've seen post get way worse then that and not get locked down. As a matter of fact that post was very tame. Heck it was even educational, pointing out some facts to a few that were under the wrong impressions. What gives?

<---- I've got my eye on you...

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You guys wanna talk about religion or politics while you wait for an answer from Paul..? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifI think thats all thats acceptable in the lounge now... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. landsmasher

OK... Let's talk about religion for a bit. How many nuns does it take to screw in a lightbulb? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The priest thought they said choir boy and....Ahh nevermind... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. landsmasher

Canmore isn't a truck driver is he? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No Paul operates heavy equipment.

I can't understand why the hell it was locked either. Oh well, no big loss. Bubba started the thread. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. landsmasher

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, definitely not worth locking, it wasn't even getting nasty yet.

Oh well...

Kerry sucks?.........anyone?........

10. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

HHmm...as i recall, there got to be a heated debate about fireman and unions...didn't see that one locked out /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

but as memory serves me, if got very personal...

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I had to edit two posts due to some pretty ugly language and personal attacks after recieveing a couple of PMs aboout it. I did what I felt was necessary, but apparently you guys think you can do a better job of moderating the Lounge, eh?

Thanks for the support, guys........ /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. Can Can

And, for the record, there's a wee bit more involved in my position than simply running heavy machinery. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. Can Can

BTW, did you ever pause to think that maybe I was on vacation when some of the threads you mentioned occured? Unlike some members, I'm not on here 24/7.

But once again, that's okay. I'm gonna let Steve know that you are up to the challenge of moderating the Lounge. Have fun......

14. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

don't take it personal, we were just expressing ourbad selves the only way we know how . even in my rant yesterday, I wasn' t pissed . just nipping a few buds, putting them in their place no big deal. smile, it's FRIDAY!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Dayam, I can't belive one got locked and I wasn't involved, I must be slippin', LOL. Oh, I think CanmoreK5 does a good job, so eaze up on him. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I didn't read the post, but so what if he locked it, dont flame him. He's a good guy, and obvisly locked it for a reason. Good job Paul

17. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

YA DIDN'T MISS MUCH, JUST US RANTING AND RAVING ABOUT STUPID TRUCK DRIVERS AND IGNORANT CAR DRIVERS /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I hope I didn't come across as upset w/ya...heck, I didn't even post in the trucker thread-didn't interest me enough to read past the first 2 posts. I for one didn't know you had to go in and edit some guys language, you shouldn't have to do that- thought we were 'adults' that could carry on a conversation w/o a bunch of vulgarity. I must have read the edited version after it was locked, and nothin seemed too out of place-was just questioning as to why...but now we know. Don't quit man! I just have a suggestion, if you find yourself in a position where ya need to fix language and ultimately lock a thread out, let us know whats goin on, i'm sure 99.9% of us will understand. Hope your weekend gets better, we're not against ya!

19. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Just givin' you a hard time, no skin off my nose from a closed thread. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. landsmasher

Hmmm... I would say delete the nasty language posts and send them a PM about how you think people oughta talk to each other in here. But to lock it up due to what I had seen so far was uncalled for. Again I mainly feel that way because I've seen a hell of a lot of stuff in here that way surpasses the level of abuse in this forum and I for one think you jumped the gun on this one.

No need to quit.. Just be fair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.