Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey CanmoreK5!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cua757, Jul 15, 2000.

1. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

I took a glance at your bio and had to confirm that you are from Canmore Alberta. I was wondering if you knew of any decent trails or camping spots in alberta (since I am new to the area) I was living in Calgary, but didn't have wheels at the time and didn't see much of the province other than what I saw from the passenger seat of some of my friends cars. + none of them do any 4X4ing so I didn't really see any backwoods spots. Any good fishing spots would be a bonus too... It's cool to see that there are a few people from Alberta on this site! Anybody else out there from alberta?

Ever Been Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin' Stuck?

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    I'm from B.C. I have been to alberta but never been wheeling before. I think i am the only one here from B.C.

<font color=blue>This site isn't up yet</font color=blue>
    http://blazer-jimmy.coloradok5.com

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey brother!!!! Alberta is a camping heaven!!!! And there's lots of wheelin' opportunities too! And fishing- well, man, you're in luck, too!! I'm more familiar with Southern Alberta(Calgary to the US border), but Thumper lives farther north, and is a member of a 4x4 club in Bonnyville.

I lived in Calgary my whole life, and got transfered to Canmore two years ago with ATCO Gas. I've been camping around this area since I was a little kid. Where are you from originally?

One last question- What happened with that diesel Blazer you were looking at?

Give me a call if you want to chat. My # is (403)678-4737. Ask for Paul.

4. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

Hey!... Glad to see you saw my post! -My name is Adam and I'm originally from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia (yeah, I know... another Easterner right?...) I moved to Calgary 2 years ago when I started attending S.A.I.T. (I'm 23) and really fell in love with Alberta and the Mountains. I'm sorta torn between the salt air of Cape Breton and the Mountain air of the West, but I like where I'm at right now.
    -I never saw much of Alberta except for Kaninaskis country (I'd hit the hill on the weekends in the winter) Just bought the Diesel Jimmy and am totally pleased with it so far. Runs great, doesn't smoke, powers better with the turbo and body is solid. -needs a paint job but who gives a rats ass!
    I'm in Yellowknife right now (student employment is better up here -pay is better too!) but I'm heading back down mid August. I can't wait to take the Jimmy out and hit some real trails -That's awesome that you live nearby, maybe you could show me a trail or two sometime...

Ever Been Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin' Stuck?

5. 79Jimmy

79Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

72Blazerrod and I (79Jimmy) are both from Richmond in Beautiful British Columbia. Going to explore south central BC this week and do some wheelin'..

79Jimmy

79jimmy@sprint.ca