Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey...!!! CHECK OUT MY BUTT!!! - ORD Zero Rate Install.......

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Greg72, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

OK, I know it's not the most EXCITING part that ORD sells, but I promised I'd post up some pics for Muddytazz, and anyone else who cares:

Here's the BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

Then....

[​IMG]

And Then....

[​IMG]

And Finally......

[​IMG]

I put a few comments on the photos in my gallery, but it's a pretty self-explanatory install. The only things that were "gotchas" for me were forgetting to put a C-Clamp on the leafspring before removing the original springpin (not a big deal, but I only made that mistake once!), and forgetting to unbolt the rear shocks from the axle to get enough "droop" to get the new pins installed.

So what do you think? Does "Mini-Me" look better, or was that a waste of $40? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

looks good you didnt want to move the axle back any? I'v been going back and forth on getting the zero rate because i have a 4&3 and its plenty big enough but thas a great idea to get just a bit more and so easy thats it temps me everytime i go ORDs site. Great looking 2nd gen too. my wife dont understand why i want to a get a 1st gen for a DD and go nuts with my 89 but oh well. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. Greg72

Paul,

I'm actually doing the opposite from you.....My 1st Gen is getting pretty "serious" offroad-wise, and I want to keep this '88 stock (except for the tires & wheels of course!)

It's still got the slipyoke 208, and I didn't want to risk having driveshaft issues by moving the axle back. With my luck, I'd hit a bump and the axle would POP out of the xfer case, and I'd puke fluid all over the highway!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

man that is one clean lookin k5. it looks alot better with the zero rate. i like the paint scheme it has also. later.

jacob

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

That was well spent $40 the mini-me looks alot better with the level stance.

Man you got such a smokin deal on that K5 it is so COOL /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif .

Eric.

89K5/14FF/D60/2-1/2"Superlift/ORD Stuff/More coming!!

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Greg, that's a waste of $40. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Sell me the Blazer for half of what you got it for and I will get it out of your sight! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Greg72

Wes,

That means I'd have to PAY you $250 to take it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

No thanks....I have already put in a new waterpump, transmission, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, O2 sensor, fuel filter, and about 30 hours of my time so far..... It drives SO nice now....I'd forgotten what it's like to own a vehicle that is quiet, comfortable, and doesn't need a stepladder to climb in to!

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I hear ya, I like the 89 for cutting up because there are so many parts available and its got tbi and the serpentine so its good at angles and a liitle less spare parts to carry. If i can find a 1st gen i would put it up on 35s and that would be it. Another Marine lives down the road with a 70 and its bueatifull and of course that whole full convertable thing is something everybody should have. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Looks good greg... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what size tires are those...33's? no lift either right..

11. Greg72

No lift, (except for the 1" zero rate of course).....Tires are 35's, but as you know most tires don't measure out as tall as advertised....they are a TRUE 33" diameter.

12. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Truck looks very clean, I like it with the level stance. Furthermore, good choice in removing the mud flaps. 40 bucks well spent!