Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Colorado residents, some feedback please...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OneInTheSun, Sep 21, 2000.

1. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    Hey guys, I need some info (it's kind of 4-wheel related, so bear with me).
    I graduated a couple of months ago with a degree in computer engineering and the job hunt hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be here in Pittsburgh, PA. Right now, I have a big list of reasons to go to Colorado. I hear places like Boulder and Colorado Springs are great for computer related jobs (I'm looking for something in programming/hardware design).
    So... here's what I want from you guys - 1) What city do you live in? 2) Are there any kick-ass companies in town that you know of or work for? 3) Since I'm not too familiar with Colorado geography, how cool are your local four wheelin' spots?
    I really appreciate any info you guys (or gals) can give me!

<font color=blue>Rob
    85 K5</font color=blue>
    [​IMG] 24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day - Coincidence?
  2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

May 19, 1999
    Dude, you came to the right place, I have a 4 year degree, BIS (Business Information Systems), not really worth a crap, but looks good on paper. Anyway here in the Denver area, you can have your pick of IT jobs and the wheeling rocks, why do you think everyone is moving here, on second thought this place sucks, you don't want to move here. [​IMG] just kidding. Tons in Boulder but the cost of living is very high, Colorado Springs is OK, but wouldn't want to live there and the drive would suck, DTC (South area) is where all the good jobs are and most companies can't find people. Oh yeah DTC stands for Denver Tech Center.
    Go to dice.com and post your resume there and look for jobs in the Denver area, you will be amazed.
    Hell, I don't know my head from my butt and I'm a Software Engineer!!!

5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel