Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey coloradoK5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by delta9blazer, Jul 26, 2000.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

what do you think about a 'trail tips' section?
    i've been thrashin and wheeling for quite awhile now, and there are times when i'm not sure what the proper technique is. like wheeling in snow.
    either it could be an ever-increasing article, or a message forum, or a write-up on this page.
    you know, for peoples just starting in a four-by. the best line up a hill, gear selection, x-fer case use, etc. as soon as most folks get a rig, they stick it into a mud puddle and get pulled out. don't ask me how i know, i just know. if they have a little bit of advice, we can end this cycle.
    mostly, this is a four wheel drive board, and i think we could use something other than hard, technical, mechanical data. i doubt if i'll ever change my engine, or do a shackle flip, or a lot of the other mods. i do know i'll be wheeling many, many times.
    and so will most of the K5 owners on here. not everyone wants the ultimate crawler, we just like to wheel.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Good Idea, LOL I too had my first stuck in some silly little mud puddle and after I got puled out the dude that pulled me said try it again and this time don't open the secondarys on your carb just keep an even RPM. HEY what do ya know IT WORKED I didn't get stuck!! The first time I entered the mud hole and I felt my rig slow down so I FLOORED IT and dug in to the bottom = STUCK.

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. delta9blazer

exactly my point.

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Ditto on that. I got stuck in a mud hole just like you Burt. Same situation. My buddy's 79' Bronco had to pull me out. I felt discrased, but hey, I've pulled him out many times. hahaha.
    Boss

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I could start with a page on spotting and I saw a page some where on how to drive in snow. If you don't see it for a while send me an email and bug me as I get very busy.

Steve Fox
    90 3/4 ton K5
    [​IMG]

6. delta9blazer

cool beans.
    where did you see a page for snow driving? on this web-site? or somewhere else?
    and i don't spot, thank you. i have wings.

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Somewhere on the web, now if I could only find it...

Steve Fox
    90 3/4 ton K5
    [​IMG]