Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey comp gurus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by oatsk5, Apr 13, 2004.

1. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Aug 18, 2002
    so i had to reinstall my windows disk and in doing so i lost a game that i had downlowed from yahoo . They tell me to uninstall the cache but i cant remove it from the system any ideas . tha /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifnx
  2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Apr 26, 2002
    That sounds strange. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    i cant remove it from the system any ideas

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that means that you went to "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel and tried to un-install the game........Right?

[ QUOTE ]
    i had to reinstall my windows disk

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean that you just did a re-install of Windows (win98, ME, 2000, XP ???) but you didn't reformat the hard drive?

If that is what you did then, depending on what options and/or switches you may have used, you have a fresh installation with some, part or all of your old program configurations. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Windows isn't always the groovy, slick OS that Mr. Gates says it is. Sometimes, it can be a pain in the buttocks. This is one of those times. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    i lost a game that i had downlowed from yahoo

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to the Yahoo site with the game information and see if they have a FAQ you can search through.

If I had to guess then I would find the folder that the game is installed in (maybe C:\prgram files\Yahoo games /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) and see if there was a folder called "Cache" or "Temp". Move all the files out of that folder (you could just create a new folder and move them there. Then you still have your backups /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) and tehn try to re-install.

If that does not work:

Go to C:\program files\ and look for the folder that has all the Yahoo stuff in it. MOVE the entire folder to another location (like C:\Yahoo stuff) and then try to re-install the game. If you use any other Yahoo stuff then it will all be gone. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Just re-install it from scratch, it will save you alot of trouble. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Try that and let us know what you find.

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif