Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Computer guys ! Looking for my memory.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thunder, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I lost my mind. Anyone have a 128 MB or better stick(s) for an old Dell CPi-A laying around? I have a 64 stick but want/need more memory. I am upgrading my old notebook from 98 to Win XP.
    Processor is a P2 366.
    Its my garage computer just use it for internet stuff and Automobile computer diagnosis need to upgrade from win 98 so I can use a wireless card I have.

2. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

I assume you're looking for SD PC100.

I'll check around, but that stuff is getting rare.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You and me both . I have an old dell laptop as well . Memory is so expensive for it . I have 128 and need 256 . I was able to upgrade to a dvdrom/cd burner with the front removed from a newer one , a 40 gig hard drive , and wireless card . I am able to run windows xp with 128mb ram , but slow . Mine is a cpi d300xt . Otherwise its nice .

And regular memory won't work . Tried pc66 and pc100 myself .

4. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

yeah you need SODIMMS for notebooks.

slightly smaller.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Yes I tried pc66 and pc100 sodimms from ebay .
    Had 2 sets off ebay , one set fit good but no post . One set wouldn't fit both sockets since they need to be short , and no post .

They HAVE to be EDO for old Dell laptops .

6. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

i might have some at home....im out of town for a few days and need to research them to figure out what they are....they work but i dont remember what i pulled them out of(they have stickers on them)....ill see when i get back home.

pm me to remind me. i also have a laptop(works but has had better days) that i may pull the memory out of and its a toshiba with a 200ish cpu so that might be the right kind of memory too...it had a good amount in it(IIRC)...

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I did find some 128MB SODIMMS on Ebay that will fit. Guess I'll have to cough up the 30 bucks for one. thats not too bad $$ for brand new 128. They had an 800 # Called them and gave them the dell service # off my notebook. To confirm fit.
    Here is their Ebay store in case anyone is interested. http://stores.ebay.com/Ballistechs-Computer-Memory
    Anyone delt with them?
    I read quite a bit of their feed back. Seem to be a good seller. Most Neg feedback was typical shipping or ordering mistakes. No bad product feedback.