Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Dblazer Speaker Recommendation

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jmpd, Oct 10, 2000.

1. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I need some good 5 1/4 speakers for the rear panels next to the rear seat arm rest and some good 6.5 for the center of my doors(they need to be a Shallow mount). I'm running Kenwood 6011 deck, Sedona 200xi to 2 woofers(bridged), A lanzar Vibe 420 to 3" Rockfords in dash, some Shi&&y 6.5 in doors and some mix matched 5 1/4 in Rear Panels. What would you recommend, 2 ways, 3-ways, mid-bass?? I don't want to spend over $200 for both sets Or am I being to cheap. The system sound great, even with sub-standard, mix-matched speakers in those positions

Thanks
    Michael

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

nah I dont think that you are being to cheap, that is about the corect price range. First, I would not suggest using anything more than a 2-way speakers. Here is why. Listen to a home speaker, take your fist and put it in front of the mids and highs. When you do the sound changes. It is colored. This true in your car, when you take a midrange driver and stick all that crap in front of it, like two or three tweeters, it changes the sound. I never run more than a two way speaker unless it is a 6x9 going in a rear deck because it is bouncing off the back glass and is "colored" so bad anyway that it really doesnt make any difference, two or threeway.
    Now, as far as brand , well i am always going to be partial with brands that I sell, I cant help it. You can get into , lets say Alpine, or Clarion, or Rockford at that price range, give or take a few dollars. About 79.95 to 109.95
    I hope this helps. I dont mean to over explian myself, I figure you should know the logic behind my answer is all!!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

3. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Hey Thanks for the info
    Great explanation

I read that you should look for speakers with a high db level, for example choose a speaker that has a db of 91 over one that has 88db, the explanation was that it will be louder and sound better. You don't need the same amount of volume to get results. Is that true?

Thanks
    Michael

4. IH82LUZ2FORDS

IH82LUZ2FORDS Registered Member

Hey, just a some help, if you go onto ebay, you can find some really good speakers for cheap, but don't buy cheap [censored] (meaning off brand stuff) off of there, because I am sure it all sucks, but I found some used kenwood 4x10's for $55 with shipping and the best deal was I found some brand new, in the box, infinit Kappa 3.5's, they normally run for $139/pair (depends on where you shop), but I got them for $69, usually you can find good deals, those infinity speakers I think are some of the best made. Just give ebay a shot and I think you'll like it.