Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey depdog/bigbadcad need front reciever mount mod pics please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Jul 6, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

hey mudhog,depdog,bigbadcad and others could you please send me pics of how you did the front reciever mod ? you guys replied to my original post back in february (btw, thank you). now i could use pics of how exactly, and where exactly you mounted it. my problem is i mounted a dual oil filter close in that proximity also /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif , but it looks like i still have room to also mount the reciever. i know some of you mentioned cutting off and using a rear mounted reciever(and i know where i can get one off a junk suburban) /forums/images/icons/cool.gif any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. fbsadmin

fbsadmin Registered Member

Re: need front reciever mount mod pics please

I ordered one from Warn with a multi-mount system--works great! I'm not sure if it would work for you, but it does work for me.

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I put 3 recievers on mine. The outside 2 accept my tow bar I made (redesigning the tow bar) and the inside one is usually used for a pintle hook, but it is very nice to move trailers with /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Pics are on my link below.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

take a look here for some pics of mine http://community.webshots.com/album/9548126HuLyyaBtRe
    when you do this mount it as high as you can to keep yourapproach angle mine is custome done we used 2 pieces of thick 3in square tubing welded them to each other stacked then welded that to the frame then slid the female reciver piece through the bumper and welded that to the square tubing and it is solid as a rock /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

ttt

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Heres a pic of mine.I got the reciever tube from a buddy that builds hitches and trailers.The main part of the bumper is 2"x6"x.25".I cut a square hole in both sides to fit the tube thru and then welded it in.The tube sticks thru the back of the bumper about .5".

7. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

Re: need front reciever mount mod pics please/update:still need more pics!

thanks guys for the pics, btw, nice rigs. but i need pics of how it is attached and where. this i want to provide my metal fabber/welder when i get mine put on. anybody else out there....can you provide me with pics, please ? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Mine are built into the bumper front and rear (even though my winch is now a permanent mounted to the front bumper) I bought some 2.5" x 1/4" wall tube and filed down the seam in the middles and drilled my own hole for the receiver pin. It it totally pare of my bumper so mounting was not a problem. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Depdog

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Pics of mine are in my webshots. My front bumper is done the exact same way. If you use 2" thick tubing, you can cut a 2.5" hole on the backside and a 3" hole on the front and mount it flush. Then the hole is right where you can use it on the backside and your approach/departure is not hindered at all. I welded my reinforcement ring solid on the backside, then slid the reciever into my newly cut holes in the bumper. Then I stiched it up on both sides. It sticks out maybe 5" on the backside of the bumper, but that all depends on where you cut it before hand. Look at my pics, if you have any questions, I can take new ones.

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

btw, you can get the reciever tubes premade with the reinforcement ring and hole predrilled. I get mine here:

http://www.redneck-trailer.com/

11. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

thanks man. i copied the pic of your rig w/the close up bumper shot. what did the reciever run ya from that place ? would it work behind my stock front bumper if i cut a hole in the license plate area ? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif btw, thanks for the info.

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm sure you could make something like that work with a good design. I assume by using your stock bumper, you'd essentially be making a reciever hitch for the front pretty much like one on the rear? I dont see any probs with this working out.

That piece was somewhere close to $20 from redneck, but I thought it was worth it since you dont have to hassle with a seam, the reinforcement edge is on there already, and the hole is already drilled. Saves a LOT of time. It was 12 or 14" long, but I cut mine down.

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Mine is part of my custom bumper. I put it off center so if I ever have the cash to geth that 9500i I want it wont' interfer with the farley. Picture in the links in my sig.
    Man it is sweet for moving trailers around!

14. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

thanks to all who posted comments and those who provided pics. all was very much appreciated. once again thanks. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif