Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey do you guys put headers or exhaust on em?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by RClivin, Mar 28, 2003.

1. RClivin

RClivin Registered Member

I am going to swap a 6.2 into my k5 from a 84 chevy silverado thingy... I got it from my grandpa. I was wondering what you could do to it to make it perform better. It already has a banks turbo charger. and How much MPG do you guys get on your trucks? I am gonna be running like 38's

2. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Headers are like 500 bucks from Stans...and you'd have to modify them for the turbo I believe. If you have the full Banks system, it came with a decent exhaust. You should be running at least 4.10 gears with the 38's...and that's if you have a 700r4 or the like...that just my opinion and I"ve had too much beer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

headers are 415.00 from stans.i emailed him last week about them.only problem i have is he couldn't supply me with any numbers for H.P. or torque gains. all he said was "yeah it will raise your torque and horsepower"/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    later,
    Jerry