Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Dunerunner...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Oct 6, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So whats up with the engine bro? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Is it totally f'd up?
    We better do something to get you going for pismo! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No excuses man, I'll help ya get going before pismo...
    Maybe we can rip it out and see if scott will help ya a little.
    Whats your plan?

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

What was fuuny about his motor was we put some more water in it at the truck pulls. And I followed him to my house.. He only smoked for about 2 miles.. Then it ran fine.. He got to my house and shut it down.. And I told him to move it over closer to the pop tent trailer and that was it.. It was siezed up.. I couldn't even turn it over by hand...

3. Ryan B.

Hopefully the water just hydrolocked the motor and it just needs a headgasket or something. ...Yeah hopefully it's nothing tooo serious. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Did ya guys take out all the plugs and then try to turn it over? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Doing that Tomorrow or Tuesday. Not sure yet. Kinda Just don't want to touch it. HOPEFULY it is just a Gasket. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'll keep yall posted. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

5. Ryan B.

Ken- i go to nightschool and stuff, but if you need a hand just let me know and i'll find some time when i can come help ya. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. DuneRunner

COOL THANKS RYAN...

I'll give you a heads up when I will be getting to it.

(Hopefully Tuesday)

7. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I suggest you drain the radiator then remove the plugs and crank the engine over to remove any water that is in the cylinders so that it doesn't do any damage sitting there. Water that sits in a cylinder can do serious damage in a short amount of time. Also if the engine did hydro-lock there is a possiblity that you bent a connecting rod. Water does not compress so when it reaches the top of a cylinder when the valves are closed it can easily bend a connecting rod. I hope that hasn't happened to you, but get the water out A.S.A.P.

8. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I thought you were gonna do it Sunday morning Ken... Get the water out now!!! Don't let it turn out like mine did and have the water rust the cylinders up and pit the cylinder sidewalls. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif Listen pull those plugs as soon as you get home tonight!!!

David

9. DuneRunner

OK OK.....Thank you guys.
    (wish I was home now)

Will do.

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

If you need some help give me a call also Ken.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

doubt if it hydrolocked. that would've stopped the engine dead to rights, while it was running. water does not compress.
    if it ran ok, then wouldn't start again, the rings and/or pistons welded themselves to the cylinder walls. there still may be water in the chamber, but hydrolock is the wrong term.
    hopefully, a new set of rings and honing out a couple of cylinder walls should do the trick.