Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey everybody, I'm new!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rdubya, Jun 12, 2005.

1. rdubya

rdubya Registered Member

Hey guys and gals, I just joined this site because lately I've been interested in buying a k5 blazer. I'm 16, and have a 96' f-150 4x4 right now, but I plan to sell it and get into something with less price, and more sturdy than the wonderful ford ttb! I have always had a thing for blazers, and some broncos, but after owning two ttb f-150's I want to step up to a solid axle truck.

I have some questions though that I would like answers to before I buy a blazer. First, I'm guessing that they are selectable 4x4, but I'm not sure. I don't want a full time 4x4 for several reasons. Second, are all blazers 87+ fuel injected? what types of fuel injection? Last for now, what kinda fuel mileage could I expect from a blazer with a maintained 350, and stock size tires, most likely with an auto tranny?

Thanks for any input or answers to my questions, and I hope to be getting out of my f-150 soon and getting something that I can enjoy more!
    later,
    ryan

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Let me be the first to welcome you to the best K5 site on the internet!!!

As far as some of your go:

Most are selectable, but I believe some of the early 70's K5's had full time 4wd.

all 87+ are fuel injected with a throttle body.

mpg varies from truck to truck; it depends on how well maintained the drivetrain is, what gears you have and what tranny you run.

If any of this is wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

I hope this helps, and once again welcome!! :D :D

Rick

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

all your questions have been answered, I dont have much to add. Definitely get a 87+ K5... FI is a good thing to have.

anyway, welcome aboard!!!

j

5. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5, believe me "ALL" of you're questions can and will be answered here,I know mine have.....:D

6. rdubya

rdubya Registered Member

thanks for the welcome! and the answers. I'm going out this afternoon to clean up my truck, and putting a for sale sign in the window! can't wait to get out of it!
    later,
    ryan