Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey everybody who has done their own camo paint job!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Calclips, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    My 81 K20 had a coat of black sprayed over it before I bought it, but I want camo. What I need to know from those of you who have camoed your own truck, how did you do it? did you make stencils? Did you spraycan? I don't have a paint gun, I was just gonna use spraycans with those little plastic handles on them to do it... any tips/advice???

2. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

I rolled on the base coat. It put a texture on it and increased the camo effect. Then I sprayed the rest of the pattern with a cans.

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I was looking for a pattern to go off of, but I found the NATO camo patterns the m1009 series with the 3 color camo job. It included paint #s and everything. Hopefully everything will turn out good now that I have a pattern to go off of. Will military green and brown go over top of a black truck without showing through?

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

dude, thats the cool thing about camo, ya cant go wrong or mess up. i didnt even clean the rig i painted (my old k20). i used to paint vehicles in the military. you could, download vehicle paint schemes off the internet. trace them on a clear transpearencey, and the then use a projector to shine the pattern right on the vehicle. we used chaulk to stencil in the pattern in the military. ive advuced this in the past. take a trip to wal-mart or any other toy store, they sell stuff with cool camo pattern, especially on miniatures. good luck and i hope this helps. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

6. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

reply this to calclips

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Whoops, i do that sometimes. Didn't think it was that big of a deal.

<font color="green"> CUCV camo patterns... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif </font color> </font color>

8. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i primered mine and then used a flathead screwdriver and kinka marked the truck w/ the pattern from the above link and used #'s---color by # /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ----used it on another truck and worked great too----check the link below for pics