Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey everyone

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bryanshadow, Aug 1, 2001.

1. Bryanshadow

Bryanshadow Registered Member

alright, im 16, have a license and want a K5. i know this is the wrong forum, but i just wanted my first post to be special. i found this site about 4 months ago, and ever since ive been hooked. i mean, i dont think i have ever spent so much time at one site. i dont even spend this much time on the site me and my friends have created and are working on. i absolutely love this place. ive spent about the last 3 weeks spending every hour just reading posts from you guys and have learned so much. thank you all for shining your lights of guidance upon a once lost fishing boat in the endless expance of society. it would be really cool to get any responses to this post. i love cars and love to drive. but im still without my damn K5! thanx for listenin, L8!

the shadow,
    Bryan

p.s. -
    i would love to have the reaper or steve himself respond, i love oyu guys. ::tear::

why do you only use your 4wd for parking lot maneunvers?

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Welcome to the club. Good luck in finding a K5 for yourself, and you better get a good job to support the habbit! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. Bryanshadow

a job will help out nicely. im gonna sale my old vw rabbit GTi soon and take that money and hopefully get someone to sell me there rig. my job hunt has begun and my want for a K5 is only growin by the day. L8!

Bryan

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Bout time you registered [​IMG], you made a wise choice in wanting a K5, great trucks and the support that you will get here is incredible. You might want to check the for sale forum here, there are quite a few for sale.

Good Luck

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

.....and k5 world dominance continues....[​IMG]

Welcome aboard!

I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

6. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard!! Always nice to add another to the hallowed rolls of Colorado K5![​IMG]

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Son, welcome to manhood! Your first post truly is special...

Just kiddin'...

Seriously, even if you have to start with a $1000 beater K5, hop on it!

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **I need a house. Friggin realtor went and sold mine.**

8. Bryanshadow

wow, ive finally become a man. now about that hair growing in weird places... nah just kidding. thank you guys for the support. i actually kinda want a $1000 beat up jalopy just to see how far i can go with my first rig. i know that i wont give up on my first K5. ive posted on the used car forum already. ill check back on it when i get home tonight. im a drummer, and i gotta drum. so i gotta go practice with my high schools marching band and work on my tan. of course im riding my bike there, but wish i was cruisin top off in a K5. =) L8!

the shadow,
    Bryan

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

welcome to the single best site on the net and good luck in finding a blazer[​IMG]

77blazer see it at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

10. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Welcome, you will learn so much from this site it will make your head spin!

11. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Ditto, on what muddin said....

" Wider IS Better!!!"<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/wheelininco>www.community.webshots.com/user/wheelininco</a>

12. Bryanshadow

thanx everyone for responding to my posts. ive got a question for those of you who can remember... when did you get your first K5, and what did you do to it and with it? like, what mods did you add to your ride, and did you decide to hit trails right off the back? im really interested in what you guys and gals have done with your first K5, or even with your first off-road vehicle for that matter.
    i remember the first time i took an ATC off road, my friend had two different throttle bodies for it, and it had been bored over, i dont know by how much. but when i switched to the higher throttle body, there was a big difference. i started off racing my friend around a 3 acre field that had a trail rapping aroind the outside of it. then we hit a few hills that had some sand and a few steep rises. very fun, but the hide part was holding on and not allowing the 3 wheels that touch the ground become only two. i came out with few bruises, and a nice coat of dirt. but man it was fun. L8

the shadow,
    Bryan

13. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I got my first K5 at the tender age of 17, it was an ultra-cool black 77, With the only mods being a set of 11-15 Centennial Canyon Climbers on 15X8 Chrome spokes, and a really hideous dual glasspack exhaust system. I took that thing through hell and back, and (stupidly) traded it in toward the purchase of a brand new 92 F-150.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

14. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

Glad to have yeah.....

15. Bryanshadow

now by brand new, you mean brand new in 91' right? did you ever take your 77 off roading? or was it just to look cool and cruise?

16. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Welcome..............Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

17. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

welcome bryan,,
    when the guys say get a job to support your habit. BELIEVE them.. bought my first K5, (have always had chevys, even had a 94 burb, ) this year, looked for 8 months before I found the one I wanted..... TAKE YOUR TIME buying the truck, look it over, get under it get on top of it, etc... take to someone who knows truck BEFORE you buy it, if its not exactly what you want dont buy it. I could have had my K5 months ago, but I wanted a 4 speed, all I could find was auto's. Am I glad I waited YUPPERS!! and dont think you HAVE to be an avid off-roader to belong here,, my K5 doesnt leave the road... good luck!!!

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Got my first and only K5 six years ago. Still have it, it's an '87. When I was in high school in the '80s I wanted a K5 then got away. Started with a Pinto (if anyone gives me any garbage about it, I'll risk the big D and get it back and wheel it with the big boys [​IMG], went through a camaro, ford station wagon and a GMC P/U that I loved but I love my K5 more. I got luck with this one, bought it off a Chevy dealer used not knowing too much and it's been a workhorse and will continue. Now that I have a welder and soon (when I can get rid of my heep) a tube bender and it's off to the races.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"<a target="_blank" href=http://www.handguncontrolinc.com>www.handguncontrolinc.com</a>

19. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I took the 77 on some of the worst old mining roads that AZ has to offer - The 92 was actually new in August of 92 - a model year closeout. It was a great truck too, except for a demonically posessed transmission[​IMG]

Generic Signature

20. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Wow Steve we got a fan club! hahaha.
    Welcome to CK5 Bryan.
    GTI huh? what year? I had a 83 with a Big throat, NeoSpeed sways the whole 9 yards. NOTHING could hold a turn like that old GTI. It would give you headachs it pulled so hard. Rode like a brick ahaha.
    Well I got my First K5 about 4 years ago. Lady Reaper sort of took it over while I wasn't paying attention about 3 years ago cause she and the Ford were not getting along LOL. I had a company service van that I use to drive so it was no big deal. Dumped the ford for $300 trade in on a 89 Supra with a blown motor.
    Somewhere about 3 years ago a Club member spoke up and said he had a K5 that he needed to get rid of because both his wife and Home owners association were complaining about it. Pres of the club let me know about it.
    I went over to the guy's house not far from me and pulled up to see a primer cover rusted out beat to hell 75. Hood up jumper cables on it. So at that point I'm assesing it for parts to sell. Guy said it ran fine (yeah right I thought). So he says try to start it. I hop in the seat and almost flop backwards because the seat is hashed. Turn the key...click, click, click. We let it sit for a few minutes to charge the battery. Tried again it starts to turn over and fires right up. Surprised the heck out of me. hop out and run to the back to see if it was burning oil....nope ran good, no smoke. Pulled a $1 out of my wallet and said SOLD. Hopped in after filling out a bill of sale and I drove it home holding the door shut hahaha. It was so baddly rusted the doors wouldn't line up. I paid $1us dollar for it. SO it got named "Dollar".
    Poor Lady Reaper just shaking her head the whole way as she followed me.
    Took a year of work but I replaced the floors and fixed all the rust and now it's a pretty dependable old truck. Heck It dragged my Mom's POS Jetta 150 miles home a couple months ago when I blew the tranny. Wouldn't think twice about taking a long trip in it..well I would because the A/C doesn't work and no carpet haha. Maybe I would take Lady's 79. A/C works just fine in it.
    Her truck is pretty well rebuilt. Has a Crate engine 2 chamber flow masters, factory 3.73 gears and a locker. Every option available in 79 from Power windows and lock to slider windows on the shell. It's a good truck also. We were going to sell it when we had our second kid come along but the Lady couldn't part with it. So I guess I need to get it painted and nice looking for her.
    I also just got a 1970 Suburban. Going to make a family Hauler out of it I think. Something when we all need to go that we can get into easy and carry our junk. The Lady say's it's "fugly" hahaha Well we will see what it looks like and I get it fixed up. She still hates it we will sell it.
    Well I like fixing up old trucks but I'll tell you what RUST SUCKS. Try to find a truck with floors and minimal rust when your shopping. Doing engine repairs and mechanical repairs sure is a lot easier. Body work is long and drawn out and can get expensive if you can't do the work. A good old truck to fix up is not a bad idea. You will learn a lot along the way and parts for GM's are pretty cheap.
    Well good luck and feel free to ask questions. This is a great forum with awsome people that can help with any problem you might have.
    Eric

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>

Grim-Reaper