Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey fabricators

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fourwheelerjeff, Oct 3, 2003.

1. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i am wanting to run some hummer locks on my k5, i know you can run the dually front and not change the wheels, however the rear is the problem /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

how come someone can't make a spacer that fits the rear 14 bolt that fits tightly over the hub and space it out to match the front width, for that matter, could you make it where it would bolt to the hub for added stability

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

run 'em backward and use the lug ring from those dually hubs to get you lug nut seat taper.

3. fourwheelerjeff

[ QUOTE ]
    run 'em backward and use the lug ring from those dually hubs to get you lug nut seat taper.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i am trying to let my bling run free /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

seriously, i am still concerned with looks enough that i would like for the front and rear to be symmetrical /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I have some 3 1/4" spacers that I will be using on the rear of my K5 to run Hummer wheels. They came from a different company but they are identical to these;

[​IMG]

This style bolts to your existing wheel studs and then has a different set of studs to bolt the rim to. I found these @ Performance Wheel

5. fourwheelerjeff

thanks, i thought about calling them, i have been to their place in denver before (back when i was stationed at fort carson) they had some swampers on welds back then that were used they were selling CHEAP, but alas, the army didn't pay enough to keep me and the wife happy /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

so she left /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

PM K5BLT4FUN (layne)...he's running the sort of spacers you're talking about and you may be able to get some insight from him.

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

The first thing you have to work out is that the 14FF hub would have to be machined as the part you want to use to hold the spacer is just a cast surface. But if you have someone who can do this then I think that would do the job…I have my hubs machined true to the center bore /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif...and I have hummer rims /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif…and one hub for the front dana 60 that’s a DRW hub, would have to find one more…
    you got me thinking /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. fourwheelerjeff

thanks i will /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

another thing i have been told is that you can get some ford 2wd dually hubs and have them machined to fit over a 14 bolt hub /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

anyone heard of this

9. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

If you find a solution I'm all ears as well, I've been searching to do the exact same thing. Just talked to Casey from W.M.S. yesterday, but they didn't have a solution for me right now anyways. If you find a machine shop that wants to make something, and multiple units would bring the cost down, let me know. I'll keep looking as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. fourwheelerjeff

i guess it wouldn't have to bolt to the hub, i was just concerned about running such a large spacer and was thinking of ways to add to the stability /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

what can i say, i am cheap and trying to find the easiest way to run hummers front and rear, with a reasonable track front and rear and without the rear hubs sticking so far out past the tire /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Make it rear steer with Dana 60 DRW outers and away you go. OK, that is the long route.

12. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I ran across this link a while ago, don't know if it will help ya or not..
    rear spacers

13. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

If you have a welder and the ability to use it well, and a keen eye for detail, Why not recenter your own hummer wheels? Thats what I'm gonna do. I'll be damned if I pay that much cash for something I can do myself, and do it better and nicer looking to boot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I'll keep you in mind, why don't you start doing this as a service, there is a market for this, and yourattention to quality seems good so far, If I buy a set of hummers you could test on them for 1/2 the cost of usa 6x6 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I save, you get a trial run, then start doing it for everyone /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

now that i can do...I would make them out of alum

16. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll keep you in mind, why don't you start doing this as a service, there is a market for this, and yourattention to quality seems good so far, If I buy a set of hummers you could test on them for 1/2 the cost of usa 6x6 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I save, you get a trial run, then start doing it for everyone /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to do it once on my own set of wheels before I'd be comfy doing it for other people. Lots of things that have to be exact. If I do something wrong on my own wheels...no problem. But If I do someone elses and something goes wrong....There goes my reputation. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif hehe...One of these days when the time comes for me to do my own, I'll be sure to post up some details. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

17. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

How about I buy a set and pay for 1/2 of your set, then you recenter them both /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

p.s. I am serious here /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif