Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Frank!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by IGOR, Apr 5, 2006.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So I went out and met Ben Riggs on Friday afternoon - VERY cool guy!

He sold his house in Damascus - living over by Redland store now. Diane is gone - she moved to England and married a Duke.

He has a new girlfriend (or room mate as she put it) who seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about TPIs.

I showed him the setup I bought from the guy at work - he immediately starting diagnosing where all the various wires went to on the wiring harness - very impressive.

He uses Paola's (spelling?) in O City for all his machining work - that is the same outfit all the guys in the know at Warn recommend for engine work. Anyway - the 383 stroker with the TPI sure seems like the way to go...

I was VERY impressed with this guy - really knows his stuff - he had 3 motors lined up - ready to be dropped in - a 383, a 350 with a blower on it, and another milder 350. He said a 383 with a TPI would be pushing 440 HP & give or take the same amount of Torque... To quote him "it would flat stink!"

Anyway - I'm thinking this is the way to go!

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ben,

Cool stuff. Just found your email from 'Ben and Em' - must be your home email addy - was 'filtered' into my junk mail folder :doah: .

Glad to hear you're comfortable with Ben. He really does know his stuff. Did you ask him for a test drive in his Jag coupe? It was white with the 434 ci small block/hybrid port injection/throttle body. Find out if he has it........and get a test drive. Oh, and go potty before you do...........:haha:

3. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That is my home email - I thought you were just ignoring my email - LOL

Yeah - he was cool - he did not have a Jag anymore - he did have a red one he had just bought that he was going to convert to TPI - but he had just got it. Going to the swap meet this weekend to look for cool engine stuff - later!