Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey, got a new tow rig...check it out...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Apr 27, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

http://coloradok5.com/gallery/hauling

Okay, I lied the Cummins isn't mine, but I wish it were /forums/images/icons/wink.gif These are teh pics my rommate took before we unloaded my truck after bringing it to Fort Collins...The two at night were when we were loading it up on Friday night...It sucked... Since my truck has no tranny/t-case in it, we had to use racheting straps to get the stupid thing on the trailer...it took about 2 hours with two guys racheting and be both have brusied palms now...Oh well...It was fun and now i have me rig up in Fort Collins where I can work on it regularly...Thank goodness...

Chris

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Well, at least it will be alot easier to get it off the trailer than it was to get it on. Nice Blazer....

3. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I have done this before.It is a pain unless you have a second trunck to pull the dead rig up.Or a winch.When I bought my Blazer it was on the side of a driveway buried in snow.Had no drivetrain was missing two tires and a spindle and rotor.We dug it out slaped a spindle and rotor on and tires.Then hooked my buddies chevy truck to the front and my sub to the rear.We both pulled so it would go sideways.Got it on the driveway.Then it was down hill so we kept both rigs hooked one for pulling the other to slow it down.Got to the main road and loaded it on another buddies trailer which was loaded on his chevy truck.Anyway looks like a great starting point.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I bought a parts rig from white knight over in fort worth and we loaded it on the trailer in a kinda unorthadox way too. Pushed it to the top of a hill with another truck (no engine) and then I steered as it took off down the hill and up the trailer ramps, onto the trailer at the bottom of the hill. All this on a suburban street. Bet his neighbors love him! But it worked, and was a lot less trouble than using the come along would have been!!!