Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Greg, Looks like someone is trying to beat you to stealth Blazer.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zcarczar, Jan 21, 2004.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Here, found this on pirate, looks bad ass.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The quality of the fabrication work looks quite good, but the design itself has some pretty serious looking flaws..... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Have you seen the the 1st Gen fabbed by Grady's Extreme Offroad, its nice!

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

And for those of us that don't know could you list all of those "serious looking flaws"? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I was just going to leave it at that..... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I see some "issues" in areas that I've already confronted in my own designs, but not knowing what the design criteria were, it's not fair to say they've chosen poorly (or well). From what I can tell, this is something that was "built for a customer".... so the constraints were defined by someone else besides the builder.

The only point I wanted to make was that it's an interesting example, but probably not something I'd want to model my own vehicle after.

BTW -> I did spend a lot of time looking at the Grady's 1st Gen, and there is a lot to see there. They were willing to forgo a lot of interior creature comforts, so their design was able to get a lot more crazy (and interesting, IMHO). Still not something I'd want to copy......because MY criteria are unique to me, and it's more fun to solve your own problems, than to copy someone else. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

"big ass engine"

yah? oh yah? well is it gonna be over 600+ cubes? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

I have no doubt Greg's will be mo' betta. It's only money right?

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Are you looking at the front suspension when you say that? Looks like it could do some good twisting on the frame. Maybe they plan on running a connector after the engine is installed.