Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEY GREG!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Hey there, buddy! I was just wondering if maybe you'll be around on Tuesday night to do a little welding for me. I'm going to be test fitting the 14 bolt on Tuesday, so by the evening I should hopefully know where I want the spring perches welded on. Ya think that you can help me out? I still have to figure something out for shock mounts, but it should be as easy as cutting some steel to make tabs for them since I'm keeping them in the stock location. I might be able to reuse parts of the mounts from the 12 bolt too. Anyways, just wanted to see if you could help me out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Evan,

So you just want to bring the parts by and have me weld them for you? I'll bet I can do that. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes if you've already got the angles and locations figured out.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I will have the angles and everything al figured out. I still need to come up with something for shock mounts, I bought some steel today to make some out of, but cutting arcs in 1/4" plate to mate to the tube doesn't sound like fun. I don't suppose you have a plasma cutter? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you can't weld it up it's no big deal, there's a couple of welding shops pretty close by and I can probably just take it to them also. Thanks! </font color>

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'll be making mine up this week, I could cut you some and you pay for the ride. I'm cutting them on a CNC so the fit to the axle will be spot on. Let me know

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You're making shock mounts? If you could make some up for me that would be great! Are you mounting the tops of the shocks in the stock locations or are you going inboard? I decided to stay stock, so if that's what you're doing then I'll definately take you up on that offer.</font color>

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I’m leaving them stock for now, I might need a little help on this. The mounts that I removed hang down below the axle, would you want the same or even with the bottom (you will lose about 1”inch of travel). Looking at my 12 bolt the shock should be even if not a little up on the 14 bolt for the shock to be in the same place.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Personally I'd prefer to not have anything hanging down below the lowest part of the axle tube. I hung up on my shock mounts on the 12 bolt a couple of times and I'd rather not have that problem. </font color>