Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Grim: New Guys

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NITRO, Apr 10, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Thats a decent idea, but we would end up over running the place. We would still go over there and answer the same questions we do here. But used as a meet and greet type thing would be pretty cool. That would take the "hey Im new" post out of here and the garage. It would also be a good place for them to learn the "road rules" for CK5. Just make a "newbies read this" post and make it sticky.

3. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Great idea but why are you two still blue? I would become a member before I started making suggestions like that.

4. Pure Insanity

Ya know its comments like that, that make me truely hate that whole membership crap! I was here long before the almighty member status, and maybe Ill join maybe I wont. I dont really care what color someones name is. I would spend some time here and contribute something before making suggestions like that. Every time someone wants to call me out on the whole orange name BS it really strikes a nerve w/ me. Its not that I dont have the 25 bucks, I just dont think about it, and its really not real high on my priority list to remember.

5. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

If you love the site so much then help support it. Putting a site like this together and keeping it updated isn't takes a lot of time and money.

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Back to the orginal post I think that the forums are fine like they are..
    If ya think back to when you got into the k5 or "4"wheeling thing weren't you like a kid In a candy store and all giddy inside ..
    They just want to show you "us" that they are proud of there new found feeling..
    The only suggestion that I have would be that those type's of post need to go to the garage after all, that's one of the reasons it was made for , the sticky at the top about the new users is good but there is the that post already ....mike

7. Pure Insanity

Yeah it takes a lot of time and money to maintain a site, but (No offence Steve!) I am a member or a GM car site that makes CK5 look tiny, and theres no "members" over there and no pop ups. Litterally.. the different forums have forums spawning off of them. The site is unreal! I still havent figured out how to negotiate my way around it its so dang big! No paying members on there. Besides every time I do get ready to cough up the 25 we have an influx of newbie a$$es (comment NOT directed towards you) that make me not come around for a while, other than to check my P/Ms and leave. The boards get clogged w/ stupid stuff and attitudes, so why bother, if you just get aggrivated? There are many others that feel the same way I do and some are even "members".

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

But that would segragate the new users from the old ones.
    We were all new here at one time and the users that were here then welcomed us in. That's one of the things that made this site what it is now. Now we concider most of the regulars as friends. New folks are new friends.
    Yeah we are going to get some repetative posts. It's the nature of a forum like this. One way to help with the repetative posts is for folks to submit stuff to the tech section so when we do get repetative posts we can say "hay Zaphode Beeblebrox has a good write up right <font color=blue>here</font color=blue> that covers exactly your problem and how to fix it".
    Adding more forums just makes the place more confusing for everybody.

9. Pure Insanity

That is a very good point Grimmy. My thot was simply a meet and greet spot. Ive seen that on a few other sites. Like a newbie check in. Not a place they are restricted to.

But realisticly that is what the garage is for.

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

personaly i think we have too many topics as it is. a lot of folks dont use them anyway. and when they do they dont use them right some times. also it makes it hard to go back an forth and keep you sanity(or what left of it in my case) answering topics on different items and subjects.
    grant

11. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I personally think someone should make up a FAQ page that could be posted... that would solve a lot of it, but I definetly don't have the time to do it.

12. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

chris, i have been here longer than u and made more posts than u, but i am not a member, but even thought ive been here longer nad not a member, it doesnt make us any different.
    other than that we all are here because we love chevy's and thats obvious
    so in pop slang terms "dont hate the playa hate the game"
    so dont "hate" on someone if their new, old, young, experianced, member, non-member because we are all here for 1 purpose

13. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

so in pop slang terms "dont hate the playa hate the game"

<hr></blockquote>
    dont hate the game /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just to set the record straight, I don't look at who is a member or not a member when it comes to listening to an idea or what not, (sure I would love to have 4,000 members), but we are all here to talk about trucks, 4 wheeling etc. that is what started this site after all. Besides I will get your money one way or the other /forums/images/icons/smile.gif wether it be through a membership that saves you money on a purchase or a really cool t-shirt or a part that you may need at a good price. Sooner or later you will need me and I will be here for you guys (boy did that sound cheesy). /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

15. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

should'nt this thread have been posted in "Feedback" ? if you want the "newbies" to learn the ropes properly start by leading by example.

16. Pure Insanity

Im here for you too bro. *makes fist and taps on chest* LOL!

Whenever I decide to join, sooner or later I will.....(maybe Ill just wait till I hit "off road warrior") I wanna stay blue. Just to make sure I dont get "agent orange". (That syndrome some members get when they are orange, and think they are somebody)

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sniff...sniff.....you mean I'm just an orange nobody?????/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Booooooohoooooooo!!!

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

18. 1975k5

1975k5 Registered Member

If you hardcore K5ers are so concerned with the newbie's taking up the valuable space in the cool guy forum, then maybe you should create the "Super cool guy k5 members only forum" where you can bs about the new guys. While you are there, you can stroke each others ego's about who has the neatest 14 bolt or the newest soft top. I love my k5, but it is not my life. Also, you guys should go outside more often and spend less time being the self appointed forum nazi.

Just my opinion.

Tom

19. Pure Insanity

BUWAHAHAHA!!! Thanx for the chuckle.

Im not trying to be a forum Nazi, the post came up and thot I would throw in my $.02.

20. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Man I'm trying to keep in mind that maybe you didn't mean for that to come off how it did but man that sounded like somebody took a dump in your post tosties this morning.
    I think that may have been dirrected at Nittro but dude do you not know to hit reply on the post of the person your replying to and not the last one in line. Look at the top of your post and see who that was a reply too.
    Can't we all just be friends and figure out how to domintate the world of wheeling with K5's?