Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey guys, check out my new whips.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Feb 6, 2006.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Last week I bought my girlfriend and I some new bikes. Mines a CRF250X and hers is a CRF100F, both 2006 models. We took them out this weekend. Shes from Long Island and never really ridden before, and she loves it and her bike. I love mine too, four strokes are the best!:D We need more time to ride now!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you havent lived till you fire up a 500cc 2 stroke and clean it out. zzzzooooommmmmmmmmmm:D

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

fixed it for ya:wink1:
    thats all i ride 1998 cr500, nothing compares

id like to ride a 450x, ive heard good things about the 250x's power compared to the crf250r, too bad no one i know has a 450x.

that said, i don't like the new 4 stroke bikes, they are WAY too much mantenance. ill stick with my XRs and CRs

my next new bike will be a service honda CR500AF, only $8000:eek1:

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thanks. it is sad to say but i havent fired up my suzuki quad racer lt 500 in over 2.5 years. :( :( i miss playing with my quadzilla. :o

5. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Two smokers are no less maintenance than 4 strokes, if anything they can be a bit more work. Theres a reason why kawi is no longer making there 125, soon many other manufacturers will follow. No need for that puny 125, the 500 is a way nice bike but I would rather have a xr650, now thats a bike baby! Oil changes once a year at most, and last foooorreeeever. 8000 isnt that bad either, a new bike out the door can run you pretty close to that price. Oh and if you want to know the 450x is a hell of an awesome bike, ask me how I know. Mucho power, but mine isnt stock.
    Braaaaaappp Braaaaaaaaapppp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. big83chevy4x4

yours looks like the 450r, im talking the 450x, with the headlight and taillight and factory spark arrestor. one of my friends has the 450r, he hates it because you have to check/adjust the valves every 15 hours, with the shims costing $5 each. you almost never get it right the first time causeing to buy even more shims. not to mention if you neglect doing it, you thn need to buy a few $75 each valves, and if you don't ever touch it you need to buy a $500 head also. ive done it 10+ times for him because he hates to work on the dam thing. my old xr, you just pop the cap, stick a feeler in there, loosen the nut and turn it with a screwdriver, no $5 shims or valve cover gasket. my cr500 never needs any maintence to the motor, just the normal stuff that you should do on any bike. i like the power of the 450r, but it doesn't compare to my xr600 (dual carb :pimp1:) or my cr500. i havn't found one bike that will come close to touching the xr600 in power or speed, but ive never went against the xr650. the only thing i don't like about it is it weights about 400 lbs wet. i raced it one year, never again, but boy did i get strong that year. id consider that bike, liquid cooled, aluminum frame, but then again, you have the weight.

also $8000 is before any taxes or setup or anything else, its close to 10,000 OTD. but its worth it.

edit: just noticed the tail light on your rear fender :doah:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

loved my 650 but it was to much bike, i want something smaller my next bike

8. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

ya, I fool pretty much everyone at the track with that thing, I took off a total of about 27 lbs. of weight off that thing. Its alot of fun to pass someone and I know they can see the taillight glowing. I think I am going to put a horn on it. :haha: I got a really good deal on it and the green sticker is very nice thing to have. Thats the main reason why I got it. I have checked my valves before and after break in and for the last 25 to 30 hours or so and none of my clearences have changed a bit. If you would have had a yamaha you dont have to worry about that kind of thing, they rarely seem to have valve issues with them. I ride lots of motocross and race grand prix so a 650 definitely wont work on the track and a 500 is too much bike for track setups. I kind of wish I would have got the r but its ok. I usually stay up on my bikes every couple of years, so the next one will be an r next year. Or maybe something else, even the new kawsakis sound really good out there. Haven ridden one yet. The two smokkers I had in the past were alot more maintanence than my 4 stroke, fouling plugs, changing reeds, but other than that there pretty similar. Either way the 450 provides the perfect balance of power and balance for me. Well not the x on the track but I still am very fast on it. The spark arrestor on my bike is gone cause I have a pro-circuit ti-4 system on it. Also I have the air box mods, boyeson pump cover, rejet and fuel map, removed odometer, headlight, battery, starter, kickstand, basically all the great things that make it an x. But It all goes back on real easy.

9. big83chevy4x4

the only time i change the plug on my bike, or any of my 2 strokes, is in the spring time. first ride of the year, i just do it for good measure. when i bought my bike i bought some boyseen carbon fiber reads, havn't needed to change them yet, its been almost 3 years. the only thing i have needed to do to it was i cracked the radiator during a race when i hit a tree, i thought i fixed it. got it nice and hot, rode it around the yard and didn't leak. i took it to the dunes, and it leaked out. i put some water in it from lake michigan to get back to the truck. i thought it was cool enough to add the water. i was wrong, piston was hot with a cool cylinder, the throttle stuck in 4th gear going up the biggest dune. i pitched it into the sand and it kept revving, i rolled down, hti the kill switch. kicked it over and there was nothing. when i pulled it down, there was aluminum on the cylinder and it was cracked at the skirt. so i had to put a new cylinder in it. i went threw the entire bottom end also, i figured it was time to do the main bearings after 7 years.
    then about a month ago, i went riding up on a trail, got too close to a tree and pitched me into 4 other trees breaking my collarbone, a rib and pulling a muscle in my back. the subframe on my bike is bent over about 4". the little mud flap on the air box is rubbing on the chain. it put a couple small dents in my pipe, and dented the silencer a little around the mounting bracket.

i used to race harescrambles, but got tired of all the political bull**** going on, last year i didn't race, just trail rode. this year im going to race enduros. 100-150 ground miles is average around here. putting a lighting harness on my bike for head and taillight, horn, mirror, licence plate, and getting a small computerized speedo/odo/trip/clock. my dad is getting his 97 cr500 and my moms 02 xr250 street legal this year, the only thing he needs is a brake light on both, and there good to go.

10. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Dude that sucks about your collarbone, I broke mine in late august of last year. They heal pretty quick but the I got away with only minor bruising on one of my ribs. What did the doctors say about your shoulder? I severly displaced mine with 2 fractures and they had to put a plate and 6 screws to line everything back up. I was back on my bike pretty quick but my doc says I have to be careful because if the bone breaks with the plate in there then I can have some serious problems. Either the bone will destroy my ac joint or the other end by my neck will break and hes worried due to arteries, and your lungs that are in there. Im due to have this thing removed in another few months.

What kind of bull do you have to put up with? Is there alot of riding areas out there? Everyone around here is really cool and I have never have an issue with someone, sure I have almost gotten into it a few times with another a**hole racer or two but those people always seem to be around and spreading ignorance. I also do alot of desert riding as well, but thats just to go out with my friends and putt around for the weekend.

11. big83chevy4x4

mine was just a minor fracture near the ac joint. i wore the sling for a week, then took it off. i can still feel it if i move just right. i havn't been able to pick up my tool box yet, so i have some healing to do yet.

there is alot of areas to ride around here, there is 1000+ miles of state trails in the lower pennensila alone, and even more in the UP. that you can ride 11 months of the year if you want (12 if you want to get shot by a hunter) to ride in snow from decemer to march.

the asshole racer is usually chairman and his buddies (referee, points keeper, etc). the chairman tried to end the race early once becuase his buddy had to stop for gas and if he did he would loose 1st place. that didn't go over so well with the track. another year, a referee was running a kx250 in the 250 class one year and the next in the open class (mine class) and then denied pulling the head to prove that it had a bigbore kit, even when the district will pay for the coolant and head gasket if hes legal. but this year there is a new chairman, so maybe it won't be so bad.

12. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the compliments guys. Everyone either loves or hates 4 or 2 strokes. I prefer 4 strokes, others prefer 2. Plus since 2 and most 4 strokes are red sticker here in CA, the X is the PERFECT bike. Im also not into racing really, jsut like to go ride and have a good time.