Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey guys I'm so Happy!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka73, Apr 19, 2000.

1. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey guys I\'m so Happy!!!

Just thought I pass this on to you guys it's not about k5s or off-roading it's personal, I've been divorced for about 11/2 years and I have not been able to see my 3 year old son for about 6 months thanks to his mom, but I guess she finally got the point and the baby was asking for me too so I saw him yesterday and today I'm taking him to the park I cant wait till he's old enough to teach him the fine art of off-roading "with a K5" anyway thanks for listening to me I know this is not the place to talk about this but hey this is my second house.

keep blazin !!!

2. walrus101

walrus101 Registered Member

Re: Hey guys I\'m so Happy!!!

congrats!! i am glad to see you with a great deal of interest to spend time with your son, you don't see that much anymore. my girl is 2 and i would not trade her for the world.

walrus101

goo goo gaju

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Rock ON dude!! The little people need guidence in a BIG way!! Give them the time to grow up and injoy the GREAT out doors from an open K5!! WWaaaaaHhOoooooo!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm really glad for you, brother. I can't stand to be away from my beautiful 3 yr. old girl for more than a couple nights. I hope you take advantage of your time with your little one. With a dad who cares about as much as you do, I'm sure he'll grow up to be a fine little gentleman. Thanks for sharing your joy with us!!!!!

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Thats really good to hear man. I've heard a lot of bad news stories lately, so its nice to hear a happy one.
    I, too, am looking forward to the point in my life when I can have some kids and also teach them about trucks, etc.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear it, bro! I know I sure miss my two when I'm gone. My son's favorite line for my Blazer is "Dad, can we take the top off?"

Blazin' in Flagstaff

7. windrider

windrider Registered Member

Tell the X not to be so stingy with your son! Love my daughter 21 months! Daddys little girl... And she likes my trucks and my Harley!

8. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

Glad you posted your joyus day here, take full advantage of your son and take this advice from someone who has seen problems arise from this, NO matter what your wife tells your son about you, NEVER put her down in front of him no matter how you feel about her.
    Enjoy your day at the park and he'll see to it that he sees you again.

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

9. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey guys thanks alot for your support I really needed it went to pick up the baby today, bought him a ball, went to the park and he loved it he had so much fun so hopefully from now on at least every other weekend if not every weekend it's gonna be just me and him having fun in the good ol K5 and of-course with the top down, once again thanks guys and ladies 10-4

keep blazin !!!

10. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Congrats!

Enjoy, and I agree with the other posts. My seond son is due any day now.

My 3yr old helped me change my oil in my K5 last night. He laid on my chest with me on the creeper. what a mess but it was fun. He loves riding in the back with the top-off in our 84TPI

Michael

11. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

My parents split up when i was 4 1/2. That was 14 years ago. From experience i can tell you that the kid will love every minute you spend together, even if his mom keeps him from you for a while. Just make sure he knows that you will keep on loving him no matter what (which doesn't sound like a problem in your case) and everything will be cool. that's great to hear man.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

12. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

My 5 yr. old LOVES riding in "daddy's big truck", especially with the top off. She waves and smiles at everyone like shes in a parade.

13. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Juan,

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. I dont have any kids at this time, but when I do, I will introduce them to K5'dom. Good luck.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer