Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey guys! new member here, LONG time Chevy fan!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dale_gribble, Oct 6, 2006.

1. dale_gribble

dale_gribble Registered Member

Hey guys! I just picked up my latest Chevy, an 88 Suburban with 56,000 original miles! For a quick overview of me, I will go to my 'Chevy history' as quick as possible. I think I qualify for a Chevy fan! :D

My first Chevy truck, pretty much out of high school; I pretty much built it with my bare hands with the help of some good friends- 82 GMC High Sierra, 6" Superlift springs all around, 1" front shackle lift, 3" body lift, bushwhacker cutouts, 39x18 Mickey Thompsons on 15x14" Alcoa wheels, triple/double chrome bar, trailblazer light set and a bunch of other cool stuff. I had a lot of fun building it. After the t-case gave out and 5 years of owning it, I sold it for $1800... :mad::eek1: I could have parted it for more, but didn't know better.

[​IMG]

My next Chevy and my most conservative one, 96 standard cab with 4.3L V6. Didn't own it long. I have never been practical nor really conservative.
    [​IMG]

My next Chevy, a 94 Z71 that I put some work into. 6" Procomp suspension, 2" PA body, 4.56s, 37" GY MTRs on 15x12" MT wheels and more. AWESOME truck. I sold this due to what we thought was going to be financial hardship, but I didn't lose my job and I regret selling this still, almost 4 years later. It was a great truck.
    [​IMG]

My next Chevy, a 71 K5 Blazer that I put a lot of work into. I picked it up in decent shape with 4" suspension and 33" tires. I put 6" suspension, 3" body, 38" STS's on 16x10" ARE wheels, full cage, rear roll pan and a lot more. I miss this one, but it was the LEAST practical truck I had. I want to build another 69-72 K5 someday.
    [​IMG]

Finally, my Burb and current ride. Wasn't even looking for it, it found me. I paid $6,500 in the condition you see here, 88 V10 sub, 55k original miles!!! 6" BDS suspension and 35" BFGs on 17x9" wheels... In the 3 weeks I have had it, I have installed a high flow cat and flowmaster 40 series, 4.56s, manual hubs, stereo stuff and more... I plan on having this for a long time. Suits me, and I can get my expanding family around with ease.
    [​IMG]

That's it! Glad to be here and be a part of CK5!!!

2. Jackedup86GMC

Jackedup86GMC Registered Member

Love that 1st generation K5. I have a 71 custom K10, but it is no where near as good of condition as yours was.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

That 71 sure is clean. Why did you end up selling it? If I had a rig like that my kids would be burying me in it someday.........:rotfl:

Welcome to CK5, and thanks for sharing your pics with us, brother. :waytogo:

4. dale_gribble

dale_gribble Registered Member

Easy- I moved from SoCal to Norhthern Utah. Several things happened when I got up here that led to the truck's sale-

1. I have never been through a state safety inspection before; The truck failed miserably. Windshield washer has to work? Seriously? Too much lift for too short of wheelbase, mud flaps, flares, hazard lights didn't work, and on and on.

2. I got pulled over 2 times and ticketed in my first week here for mudflaps/fender flares

3. Most importantly, I needed something reliable to get the family up and down the mountains in the winter comfortably.

5. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

that 71 is awsome !