Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey guys - remember me?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zack, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Hi guys.. its me Zack. I dont' know if anyone remembers me. I had a 79 blazer that I put a 84 body on. Well that truck is gone now and with my tax return coming soon (probably around 1000-1500) I want to buy either a truck or blazer or sub. I am not really concerned with the body really that much. I want something I can go offroad with. I miss it so much. I already have a daily driver so I don't need it to be great to drive or anything. I just want something that I can make into a brute. Am i realistic that I can get a offroad worthy chevy for under a grand? What if I buy a 2wd truck and convert it to four? I can get a front axle for 125 and I already have a 205 tcase with blown th350 tranny on it. So if I buy a 2wd with th350 i will have the tailshaft housing thing for it. I kep the crossmember too for it. I am unsure if I have the front driveshaft but I am pretty sure I do actually.!! God I am a packrat. Well whaddya guys think. I really missed this board.
    bye
    Zack

<font color=red>Zack Carlson</font color=red>
    <font color=yellow>Carlson@thestix.net</font color=yellow>

2. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey Zack. Glad to see you are back around! And soon to be back in a K5.

Go to excite classifieds and set the alert so you get an email when any K5 comes into the classifieds. It's a passive way to be continuously looking for a truck. There are usually a couple a week. You can do the same thing with Yahoo. That's where I got my 74 from.

<font color=blue>"You call it clearance, I call it head room." [​IMG]</font color=blue>

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Last week there was a '74 K5 for sale here in Colorado Springs with an asking price of $1,300. So I'm sure there are rigs out there that can be had for a grand or less. You'll just have to look hard to find them.

As for converting from 2WD to 4WD, I don't think it's worth the trouble. Find a rig that's already 4WD and enjoy it. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

4. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

Yes Zackoff, i remember you.GRRRRRRRRRR.............
    (Not flaming here) &gt;(

Later....... :)

One From None

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

There is someone I know here in Va with an 86 (I think) K5 for around $900. It runs pretty good, body is dinged up, and it needs a new set of tires. There are some pretty good deals out there as you can see.

89 K5 Silverado
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com>http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com</A>

6. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Umm thanks, lowlevel don't even start with me.. I told you EXACTLY what was up with that axle. You saw it .. you didn't have to buy it. Anyways.. I think I am gonna look at yahoo and excite. Thanks guys. good to be back

Zack

7. Hey Zack,whats up man!Hey a fella close to me has an 86 k5 with a little rust but not bad though he wants $1500 for it.He just had the tranny and t-case rebuilt 3 months ago.Let me know if your interested,good to see ya back man.

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Zack,

Glad to see you have the computer up and running again. Look around and find a Blazer that is complete and running. This way you will get the most for your money. Dont try the 2wd swap because of several reasons, 1- Blazer 2wds are rarer than 4wds and, 2- It will be quite a job to make the suspension work under a 2wd and will cost way too much money.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

9. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Hey Zack. I might have one for ya its a 86 I think. needs work has a knocking motor though not sure on a price would have to find out.

Scott
    78blazer

10. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Okay, on the 86 for 1500 think he'll go to 1K? Hi mudzer!!! I was talking the burb on the 2 to 4 wd. Hey 78 on the knocking one that doesn't really scare me too much. Long as I can rebuild it ( wanna rebuild a motor again) the price better reflect that though. Well get back to me guys ,, man its great to be back!!!

11. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

"z-man" welcome back .....Blazerless are you? just don't do anything stupid like buy a jeep or a "yota"

3nails/4wheels
    White Knight