Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey guys

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aburnett, May 12, 2003.

1. aburnett

aburnett Registered Member

Hello everyone,

Ive been lurking around here off and on for a few months, and since Ive finally started on the "refit" of my Blazer, I'll probably be pestering you guys on advice and solutions. So at least Ill make an introduction.

My K-5 was purchased by my dad new back in 1977 for my mom as a daily driver and to take vacations in. To nutshell the rest, mom died in 83,and when I got my licence in '87 I started driving it all the way up to 2000. Ive had several other vehicles along the way but Ive always loved 'ol Yeller (two tone yellow/white) and always kept it for obvious sentimental reasons. Anyway in 2000 I bought my wife a wrangler and took the Blazer to Dad's barn. Since then, Ive finally got a house now with a small 2 car garage. I went up(Im on Birmingham, AL and Dad is in Huntsville) last month to my Dad's and brought back home, where I started on my restoration.

Ill try to get some pics to you soon, and pic your brains if you dont mind.

Later
    Anthony Burnett

1977 K-5 Cheyenne
    yellow/white
    400SB
    NP203
    373, gears
    All stock(for now)

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome to CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Brian

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Welcome and good luck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i think its great that it's been in family since day one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thats pretty cool man. looks to me like you have a pretty nice ride going so far(well not looks since no pics). Just mean a 400 with 203 and all restore her up she should be a real nice ride again.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea its a cool thing when you have a family car like that. we have a 64 chevy impala that my dads grandfather bought new..and my dad was with him when he test drove it! and now my dad still has it..and ill probobly have it ot!

7. aburnett

aburnett Registered Member

Thanks everone!.

I do have a pic from circa june 78 from some vacation slides.
    http://webpages.charter.net/aburnett3/05.jpg

Course the rust fairy has way too generous since then, plus the passengerside bed skin needs replacing, but right now , im working on the drivetrain(replacing bad outer bearing and racer).

After that I'm thinking about either and that MM part time kit with hubs or replacing it with NP205. I found one that a yard can ship me for $400. I know the kit is cheaper, but I just dont want to have to worry about driving 10 miles for every 200 so that the chain can lub the tase. What say you guys?

8. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

welcome to the site. looks like you have a great starting point for a trail truck. the 205 is much stronger than the 203. the rust bug gets all trucks, dont worry.

also, befoer the mean people get to you, fill out the profile. go to my home and do it. others arent so nice about it.
    welcome once again

9. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Man, thats nice to see a pic of one from back in in the day when it was nearly new. Looks like a gem in that photo, but I'm sure it will soon once again.

Welcome aboard, Good luck and Have Fun.

10. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

welcome /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

that pic of yours looks like it came right out of an old '77 ad for the blazer - "a family car" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

Welcome to the site /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifYour story sounds like my best friends. His dad bought a 77 new from the dealer with the 400 and np205 and all the bells and whisles except for power windows and locks. When his dad died a few years ago, his mom gave it to him and we've been building it every since...Hope your project go great and keeps up the memories like it's done for him...... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif