Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey I just found out......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by smp, Aug 6, 2001.

1. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

.....that there are no lift laws in Arizona and it dosn't matter if the tires stick out past the fenders all they are concerned with are mud flaps (i think i can afford that ticket) i was just chating with a cop about it, pretty swwwweeeeeeeettt!!!!!!

2. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Damn! I wish it would be same here but no,2" on supension,3" bodylift and 2" over stock tires(if not modified before -98).That's all you can do in here.Sometimes I really wish that I'd live in U.S.:)

3. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

Holy crap that really sucks is it like that in all of Euorpe? Do they inforce it there? Because here in the US you don't get hassled to much even if it is illegal.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Thanks SMP i was wonderin what the laws were here ! Saweet [​IMG]

Paul a.k.a. Paulie a.k.a. Juan Valdez, take your pick ! [​IMG]

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

FYI - There's a handful of anal retentive (mostly newbie) cops with an attitude problem that will drive you nuts on the mudflap thing. Thankfully though, according to ARS Title 28, the law only applies to pickups, not station wagons like we drive. Go to the JP, show your registration, and walk away scot free.

Friggin Silt![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

6. Fish

Fish Registered Member

Ya' just gotta like that!

7. FWP

FWP CRS

I forgot who it was, but someone made a good point about the 2 door station wagon thing. They might have lift laws concerning station wagons[​IMG]...

<a target="_blank" href=http://fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com>fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com</a>

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ok, how do they know it wasnt done before 98? maybe you keep your truck VERY clean.....
    ; )

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.

9. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Got pulled over for a tail light a couple months back...and the officer mentioned mudflaps....and then i mentioned he was correct and that particular law applied to trucks....and seeing how my title states station wagon...hehehe...he just kinda grinned.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

10. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

All legal modifications are marked on the registeration card,tires and engine usually.I went to check one K5 and it had a muffler and max. db specified.That felt kinda stupid.

I'm too lazy to stick shift,that's why I prefer autotranny.

11. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I don't know about other European countries,but I think that it's easier in Sweden and Great Britain.We have to take our vehicles to inspection once a year where they check that it's streetlegal condition.

12. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

That German system really sucks,I'm happy that I don't live there.
    Alot of people use little trick on those once a year inspections,they just un-bolt parts that are not "really" legal,lets say tires;Registeration card says 31" is max. so you switch those 35 inchers to 31 and take your truck to inspection.And if everything is OK,35" go back under the truck.That is easy,I've heard that someone had to change engine once a year because it was way too powerfull on his car...but maybe it's just an urban legend.

13. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Yeah,just found out that maximum gain on 4x4 height is 6 inches.If it has full taxes paid.Otherwise only 4 inches.Well,thats not too bad,basically I could run (if registered w/31 inchers) 35" and 2" suspension lift w/trimming fenders.And maybe 1" body lift.
    But still,I'm pissed!!

14. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

The lift law is indirect in AZ, your headlight s can't be over 54" from the ground. So I suppose if you move your headlights down you can have as much lift as you want. Here's the link for AZ:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/title28.htm>http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/title28.htm</a>
    Go down to Chapter 3, equipment.
    CB

1973 K5, 400TPI,TH350, 203/205, Dana60/Detroit/5.38 front and rear, 4" lift, 38" TSL's on steel wheels