Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey jeckbrown-

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Nov 25, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

first congrats on november,second how did you mount that support on top of the rear fenders?did you bolt it to the sheet metal or weld it? thanks daryl

2. beatuptruck

beatuptruck Registered Member

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

which "support" are you talking about? do you mean the rollbar? if so, yeah, its bolted to both the bed and the wheel well. No idea why smitty designed it that way, but they did. Its all good, it'll change when I have my bender/welder running anyway...

j

4. boggerless

the bar between the rear fenders,at the top of them. unless i'm seeing things... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the bar between the rear fenders,at the top of them. unless i'm seeing things...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you kinda are. That bar bolts in where the tailgate latches are. When j got rid of his tailgate, we fabbed up that cross bar to keep the bed from flopping around.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

oh yeah, that thing. I still have my tailgate... but when I decided to start running offroad without it I had heard that some peeps have probs where they take it off... bash their rig around while wheelin and then when they go to put the gate back on it wont go on right. Anyway, a couple of plates of 1/8" steel + some 1" square tube and shane74 weldin' fixed it right up. Its light and it holds the bedsides in their proper place... works for me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

7. boggerless

thanks,guys. thats what i was talking about. i'm just going to have fenders no real bed or anything. and i was looking for ways to support them.i need to build some sort off a cage to bolt or weld the fenders to.