Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Ken!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Dec 20, 2000.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I just read you post on the T-case drop. I am having a simular situation and I know that angles are off and what I plan on doing, I just wanted to see what your opinion was.

I was all stock 90Jimmy put 4" skyjacker with shim on rear. And It "Quaked" horribly, si I dropped the t-case, and is now driveable and very smooth at 45 +, but under that, it still vibbing pretty good. So with out an angles finder, I can tell that my pinion angle is next to none, maybe 2-3. And wiht the T-case drop the T-yoke is maybe 7-9. So I was planning on taking the rear shims out and see where I am from there, then I can raise the t-case if needed.

Sound like a plan to you?

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

You just gotta get an angle finder and measure, otherwise its just trial and error. I might try removing the transfer drop and the shims and see what happens, at least then the angles should be equal, and the only vibe would come from too steep an angle. Give it a whirl!!

ken

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Thats what I was thinking. With the t-yoke being less than 10 and the pinion being real close to 0, I'm gonna have to assume that when I illimenate both corrections, I should still be below the limit.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com