Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey kenny

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by leadfoot067, Sep 22, 2003.

1. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

you seem knowledgable on the old chev rear ends..thought you might know this stuff... on the old eaton rear ends...it came from a 68 chev has a detroit and 456 gears..coil springer...is the overall width the same as dana 60 rear from a 72 gmc? my 60 in the gmc is shot...i can get the eaton for nuthin....other than the spring pads what are the differences??

thanks
    shane

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

What is it going into? 2wd, 4x4?

WMS to WMS should be the same. You may need to add shock mounts and spring pads but it isnt going to be a big problem. Brake parts are not the same between the Dana or Eaton axles but most of the important measurements are.

You can also upgrade the Eaton with Corp 14FF axle shafts and carrier gears to get 31 spline shafts.

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Shane, PM Don in Spokane, he has eatons, and has thm there answers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

well by the looks of it i thought it was all pretty close....just needed confirmation...thanks man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif