Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey KY guys

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by NoReGrEtS, Aug 18, 2006.

1. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking of moving to Kentucky and wanted to know how you guys like it there?I haven't ever moved out of So Cal so I know it would be a change.I'm getting real sick of CA to many people and I want some space.have a buddy that moved out there 2 years ago and he loves it. Any body move from CA 2 KY?

Thanks
    Shawn:D

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I lived in Louisville for 35 years - except for the 2 I spent in Lexington while attending UK. Being from SoCal - Louisville should be liberal enough for you, but you still might have trouble with some of the backwardness that still abounds. Still plenty to do and the airport is big enough you can get a decent flight to almost anywhere. It only take about 25 min. to drive across town, but you can be in the sticks in no time in almost any direction. Louisville is kind of clique-ish, meaning - if you weren't born there it's hard to get into some groups, but there's still plenty of really good, friendly people there. Cost of living should be way lower than California. There's a few 4X4 parts dealers in town and Indy is only 2 hours north (4X4 Parts Warehouse).

PM me if you want details on anything.

3. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

what kind of vehicle inspection do they do? or is there any at all?
    I would be moving to Franklin. What its like out there?Anybody have some pics?my buddy still hasn't sent me some. and what about tornado's?

Thanks Shawn

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I grew up in Harrodsburg and Paris Ky. All of my family still live either in KY or TN. I don't think there are any state inspections for vehicle but ay have changed. All I had to do a few years ago was have a Sheriff come out and look at the vehicle to get state tags

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Inspection ...

I had to take mine to the sheriff's dept. for inspection because I bought it in Indiana and the previous owner keeps the tag. As of 2004 there was no state inspection program and the Vehicle Exhaust Testing was aboloshed a year earlier (in Louisville). Franklin is just north of the TN line and about 30 min. from Nashville ... that's about all I know about it. :confused:

You didn't join the Army and get yourself shipped to Ft. Campbell did ya? :haha: