Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey, let's think before we post

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CK5, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Hey, let\'s think before we post

There have been a lot of "sensative" issues brought up in this forum, sometimes things get out of hand or cross the line of good taste, so I just want to remind everyone that topics like racism, homosexuality, killing people etc. will draw attention to myself and others so please lets think before we post. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Hey, let\'s think before we post

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i agree sometimes people do go to far /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and then there are a few things that should not have been posted in the first place /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

thanks man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Something like, "make sure brain is engaged, before putting finger's in gear?" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reminder Steve. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

See, the thing is... yesterday I killed this homosexual african american and....
    j/k /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Point Taken /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well what the heck i have this great post too...lol

point taken.. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

yes sir *salutes* oh and derek. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    There have been a lot of "sensative" issues brought up in this forum, sometimes things get out of hand or cross the line of good taste, so I just want to remind everyone that topics like racism, homosexuality, killing people etc. will draw attention to myself and others so please lets think before we post. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When did 'killing people' discussions become taboo??? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    When did 'killing people' discussions become taboo???

[/ QUOTE ] After 9/11 and the invention of Homeland Securty. The internet is watched for any possible terrorist activity. Talking of killing people will only attract the wrong kind of attention. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So then I suppose the "Nuke the Unborn Lesbian Whales for Jesus" post I was considering will have to go over on PBB???

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When did 'killing people' discussions become taboo??? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about just respecting Steve's request and leave it at that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Does that include inbreeding? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif If so, i'll refrain steve, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Does that include inbreeding? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif If so, i'll refrain steve, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You just had to shoot my next thread down, didn't ya???????? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Pad

18. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Well, having been hammered for posting a picture that I thought was damn funny, but some folks didn't, here is my take on it. This is Steve's sight and therefor he has the absolute right to control the content. If he finds something offensive, he certainly ought to be able to exclude it, or a member, from posting. But, what is the standard? Steve and I have been conversing on the side and I brought his attention to some posts that I thought were probably pretty offensive to some folks. But obviously they were funny to the poster, and many of the readers. I have consistently seen slams on just about every race, sexual preference, gender, brand other than Chevy, waist size, etc. in this forum since I've started reading it. So, what constitutes good taste and what crosses the line? Is it by consensus? Is it who whines the loudest? Is it determined by popularity? Who exactly gets to determine when the brain is engaged or when someone "goes too far"? What is too far for me is probably quite different from someone else. Clearly we have a broad spectrum of members with varied tolerances and viewpoints.

So, my suggestion would be for Steve to add something in the FAQ's about conduct on the various boards. Or, set aside an Anything Goes board if he so desires for those that aren't easily offended. If the rules are relatively defined, then it is much easier to regulate participation on the site. When the rules are made up as we go along, depending on who gets their undies in a bunch and how much juice they have, then it makes it more difficult to know what the boundries are. This also takes some of the burden off of Steve when he has to try and respond to all the complaints. Can you imagine if every time someone used the term "gay, fat, blonde, pick your race, stupid, trailer park trash, redneck" or any other segment of society someone sent him a whine how tied up he would be? I'm sure he can't please all the people all the time. Maybe there is a way he could nip some of it in the bud....

19. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    After 9/11 and the invention of Homeland Securty. The internet is watched for any possible terrorist activity. Talking of killing people will only attract the wrong kind of attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are joking ZP3R. The federal government doesn't have the time nor money to spin their wheels doing internet searches for anyone who talks about killing people and then watching them. In fact, there are a bazillion sites out there that proclaim loudly their philosphy that this segment, or that segment of the world/community/country should be killed in horrific ways. To think that a few jokes about offing somebody in a site dedicated to Blazers would draw a nanosecond of attention from any LE agency is an absolute fantasy. There are bona fide terrorist organizations out there that are being scrutinized by various organizations and CK5 isn't on that list. Trust me....

20. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    After 9/11 and the invention of Homeland Securty. The internet is watched for any possible terrorist activity. Talking of killing people will only attract the wrong kind of attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are joking ZP3R.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif and /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I'm going to go with he was joking....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.