Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey m j , or anyone running michelins

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BARRAZA, Nov 7, 2002.

1. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

Would have sent a PM but maybe someone else has michelins also. How tall are the 11.00x16's - actual size, not the michelin site info? How many miles do you think you will get out of them? I need some tires for my CUCV but wanted something that rode well and lasted on the highway because my hunting land is 375 miles round trip away and I go almost every weekend from now to the end of Jan. How wide are they, on what width rim? What is the least amount of lift do you think it would take to fit them, I dont mind trimming the fenders but need to keep the inner wells. Because they're so narrow, no one I have talked to agrees on lift required, I was hoping to get by with a lot less than yours. A surplus dealer I have found says he can get me some for $125ea with 80-90% tread. Or maybe go with the 9.00x16 in the XZL, does anyone have any experience with them?

2. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

11.00r16 on the vehicle, highway pressure

hieght- hair over 38"
    total width- ~11"
    tread outside block to outside block- 9.25"

stock Ford Accuride I think they are 7"

the first time I saw the 9.00r16 XL they were on a nieghbors hunting truck, a dodge club cab with not very much lift.
    so hard to recommend a lift hieght requirement.
    I would start with a 6" spring and trim and/or bodylift the rest.

next time Rene comes over I will see if he will bolt my tires on his truck for some fitment images.
    I dont know anyone else with a truck local currently.

mileage? well these are military truck tires designed for a fairly heavy vehicle in extreme conditions.
    our lightweight mild usage is very easy on a real truck tire.