Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Madera/Manteca/Lodi/Modesto folks!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

The time has come for me to start collecting applications so I can get me one of them hot rod Crown Vics with the fancy lights on top. Since I know of the cops up there and have a little knowledge of Stockton PD, I'm curious, what is your opinion of your local police and is there any inside info you or people you know that work for them?

Here's what I'm aiming to do......
    Hopefully I will get hired and then spend 2-3 years with that dept. and get some of the fancy schools cops can go to and then pack up the family and move away from here to some bumf**k county in a neighboring state. You may have and may not have read my post in the Non4x4 forum about my local agency. Even though it's just a couple of years, I don't want to work around a bunch of sh*theads for a sh*thead dept. and be a burnout. Unfortunately I'm still an idealistic a**hole.

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey bubba,
    My cousin is a lodi p.d and he likes the "small" town feeling,But he has told me(at family fuction about 5 weeks ago) that stockton is a really good paid department to work for and they don't have the small town crap to deal with..
    i.e. Here in lovable lodi if they go down the street and the old lady thinks a bad thought and calls the pd the chief and or mayor is like we will be more carefull crap thing..Ya know ..
    But he said in stockton they don't have to worry about that issue. But again they are a much different town ,higher crime rate and the like so the higher pay is justified in my eyes...just my two cents any more info just pm me....mike /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I hear ya about Stockton. I have a cousin that retired from there a few years ago. He was there during the 80's and got an inkling of an idea what he went through from his mother. I had a partner from my previous job apply up there right after he got out of the academy, but failed the pysch which didn't surprise me, but he made it on with another dept. closer to home.

I would like to find out more about Lodi PD.

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

BRB I hear that Los Altos Hills PD is having trouble finding people. They pay good but the cost of housing is so high in the Bay Area.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bay Area is out of the question. Lived there twice for a total of 6 years and I WON'T go back.

Besides, I probably know why they are having problems finding people and if that's the case, they can have their job and stick it straight up where the sun don't shine.

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

S.J. County sherrif is still lookinf for people as far as i know...my former room mate got hired on last november

7. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ha tman's brother has been doing the whole app thing since I think about march and they are not even ready to hire till dec (they have a hiring freeze right now even though the bill boards say diff...I hope he gets on soon though..)

8. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

brentwood was hiring cops a little while back. tey still might be.
    i think it's kind of an open-ended thing. the town is growing, and they don't have enough to keep all the traffic ticketed properly.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

That slays me. All the time I spent in the Bay Area and they were a contract city with SO. That place is out of control, worse than my stomach. At least I can contract when necessary.

10. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

yeah, but it still has that small town feel, at least for a little while longer.
    some young tuffs from pittsburgh or antioch is the biggest thing besides drunk drivers.