Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEY MARV!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by KRAZIE87K5, Oct 16, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

All that braggin and PROVING you did on that Lock-Right in your front, got me buying one yesterday for my 60. I paid $290 shipped to my door. Now I'll be testing it in 2 weeks, so I'll let you know how it works out! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif And if it doesn't work... I'll be coming to find you! J/K! Just thought I would come out here and babble a little on the AZ board!

Thanks again to the guys who came out to see me last week. I felt like I was right at home with a great bunch of CK5ers!

-Dan /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

FWIW, I'm running a lock-rite in my D60 on my buggy. So far, so good... Only complaint is, I hate the "clicking". It's distinctly different from the typical Detroit sound (like my C14FF makes) and it gets on my nerves sometimes, the Detroit does not bother me at all...

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Lock Rites are the sh!t.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Marv

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

With my grind-box in the play (vs the old 400), the detroit makes WAY more interesting sounds and they are LOUD. That damn thing will pop back there once and awhile, and I have to look in the rearview for parts in the street. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I'm hoping the Lock-Right won't act the same way! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hehe, just wait. The DL in my 14FF has an authoritative "bang" sound, sort of like someone hit the diff with a hammer. Yeah, at first you think you just spit out a ring gear or something but, you get used to it and it's kinda cool after a while. However, the LR in my D60 has more of a sharp snap/pop sound with an accompanying jerk in the wheel, and coming from the front, I keep having visions of busted hubs or stubs… /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Why is everyone hollering at poor old Marv?! :rotfl:

7. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I guess I should change my name to "Hey Marv".... eh :D

It's funny that you bring back these old posts. Crazy to think that at the beginning of the decade I was still running a full body Blazer w/ all that sheetmetal...! Hell I still had doors!
    [​IMG]

Then of course I progressed on to the first tube frame I ever built.... In hindsight this thing is riddled w/ mistakes [including the g/f in the passenger seat], but I guess that's how you learn.

[​IMG]

... and then not only thinking outside the "box" - but outside the county the box is located in w/ the Marvzda....
    [​IMG]

Man..... I think I'm getting old here.... Maybe everyone's hollering at me cuz I don't hear so good anymore... :haha:

Marv

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

They were funny and a walk down memory-lane at the same time! :thumb: