Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Phoenix...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZ79K5Project, Aug 11, 2006.

1. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Where are you guys getting steel from? Any place cut plate to size for a decent price? I don't have cutting stuff yet. I don't really want to try a zigsaw.

I found a place in Mesa that was pretty proud of their steel based on the prices. They and had no interest in cutting anything.

I'm looking for steel to mount a winch, to make a small welding table and some diamond plate for another project on the truck.

Thanks

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I always use american metals on broadway, they have always been frinedly and they are fair or decent on pricing,

for metal I always use a grinder with a 4.5 cut off wheel, works just fine, I get my cut off wheels from harbor fright, 10 of them in a pack for 7 bucks:D

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

southwest steel at 23rd ave and deer valley. The carry and cut it all. DOM, cromo, HREW, pipe ect.

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

There's always Davis Salvage on Washington and about 34th st.

5. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Davis Salvage??? Like scrap metal. DO you pay by the pound or something or do they resell stuff?

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well they have new steel for sale on one side of Washington and used and other stuff on the opposite side. I was just quoted 56 bucks for a piece of 3/8" plate steel 16 by 28 and they have a break there and they'll cut it for you. One of my favorite places.

7. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

the place I mentioned above will sell scrap for 30 cents a pound, if your park, just walk to the back and look around, just where boots and look lke you have some sence or they will ask you to leave,

i have got alot of clean scrap in sizes from 4 feet by 2 feet numerous times at scrap prices, also various 2x6 and other sizes at the 30 cents a pound.