Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Shaggy.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Your freshly welded 14 bolt carrier is on it's way back to ya. Cheryle just left an hour or so ago. If it hadn't been so late, I woulda spent some time cleanin the weld boogers out of it. But Cheryle wanted to get home, So I couldn't take much time to clean it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Other than that......I think you'll be happy with it. Side gears welded to spiders and spiders to the cross shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

What a guy you are joe /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif..........Inside joke...lol

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Cool Joe, thanks alot! I'll spend some time chipping the boogers off of it and then see how it all goes together... Thanks again! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

4. Zeus33rd

Did Cheryle deliver it to ya yet? Like I said, I apologize for the all the weld boogers...I really didn't want to send it to ya that way, But it was getting pretty late. I made sure trhat everything fit together flush and solid...hehe, When I picked it up outta the milk crate, I made the mistake of takin everything apart too look at how the spiders looked after havin been run welded fozzy style. Took me 15 minutes or so to make it fit all back together...haha, Shoulda just tacked it all together before hand. But it's all good. It turned out really good. I'm definatley gonna pull mine back apart and do it that way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I didn't get it yet, I'm going to see if she can meet me tonight so I can get it from her. I'll take pics and post 'em up so everyone can see. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

6. Zeus33rd

Pics would be pretty damn cool....As long as ya clean the boogers off first. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Took about 30 pics of it tonight, I'll upload them tomorrow at work (forgot my cable). Question for you, or anyone else - Is the carrier supposed to fit completely together, or is it normal for there to be about .015" between the two halves, and the ring gear bolts draw it all the way together? It seem like that would be pretty normal to make sur ethat the cross is held solidly in place, but I just wanted to make sure.

The spiders look sweet though, very solid! I don't think they're going to go anywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So, what's the best way to clean all the boogers off? It's not as bad as you made it sound, and I was chipping at them with a screwdriver, but that might take a bit longer than I really want to spend on it... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font color>

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Dremel tool.....

9. Zeus33rd

Yo Shaggy....The best way to get the boogers off is with a small cold chisel and a hammer. They come right off. As far as the two carrier halves not fittin solid, WHen I was welding mine, No matter what I did, I couldn't make them fit flush. I spent alot of time with a die drinder workin at it, grinding and re welding the teet to try to get'em flush .015 isn't much.....I just torqued the ring gear bolts down and went with it. No probs from mine since. While I had mine split, I played with it for quite awhile before I started welding anything. That was something I noticed on mine....Even without the welds, The two halves wouldn't fit flush without the bolts. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Anyways, I really hope everything is satisfactory with what I've done for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Ah, good call. I was doing OK just chipping alot of them off, but I have a dremel that I can use too. Thanks!

Joe, you replied while I was typing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif No way man, this is totally sweet, I love it. Turned out better than I expected, especially after Rene expressed concern about welding the spiders to the side gears and still getting the whole thing to fit back together. It is, as the french say - "sweet!" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Did I mention that it's SWEET? One big 'ol solid chunk 'o spider bits. </font color>

11. Zeus33rd

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Did I mention that it's SWEET?

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew!! Thats a reliefe to hear ya say that....I was worried that you wouldn't like the boogers or that it didn't fit the way ya liked it...Really good to know your happy with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif