Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Steve! Can we start feedback section in the parts for sale section?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, May 15, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

For instance, I just bought a Dana60 off a member on the board. I'm quite happy with it and would like to leave good feedback where everyone can read it. This would help remove bad sellers and buyers from the site as anyone would be able to search a users name in the feedback section and see what everyone who's dealt with them have to say before they buy or sell. It could also promote dealings with known good sellers. I figure it could be a members only thread as another added bonus to becoming a CK5 member and to help promote the site. Any thoughts?

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Kinda like eBay..

3. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Yeh, but we need better removal of negative feedbacks. I have been selling on ebay for over 2 years and I got a bogus negative feedback (long story). Bottom line is I couldn't get it removed although the other person was barred from e-bay.

I think this would be great but more added work for steve.

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Agreed - sounds like a moderator's nightmare!!!

-Dan

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I was gonna make a webpage on my site for feedback but I got some nasty emails from some people saying if I did that then they'd create issues for me.... so I don't think anyone can can do like I was planning too... the best bet would be if we could do something on the site. I mean to be honest if I am gonna buy from someone I'd like to have some idea.... I'd hate to see some get taken for $2000 bucks buying axles and then get pissed off if they got taken at this site then sue Steve over it because CK5 is his site..... they could claim something like the seller was bad but they werent; warned.... knowing how our legal system works it could happen.... like I said I'd hate to see that......

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I would definitely be in favor of this idea!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

I suppose this site could be used as the "go between." When we buy and sell, the money stays in escrow with this site until the goods are delivered and everyone is happy. Then CK5 releases the funds. CK5 would take a commission of the transaction, with each side paying 1/2 of the fees. Maybe 2% or so. Just an idea. Hell, if I was back in the states, I'd set up a business like this. You're just the middleman keeping everyone happy. With Paypal, you have no recourse also. You pay up front and hope....

8. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Who saif they were going to give you problems. Create the page if you want. Hmmm.. maybe I will.

Its a great idea.

Ken H.