Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEY STEVE!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yeild2me, May 31, 2001.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

you have pretty much the same set up as me (at least from the t-case back, including suspension). what measures did you take as far as drive line angles-i.e.-shims, cut and re-weld perches, drop t-case, CV shaft etc. i have this killer vibration that i had almost figured out, then the next wave of mods came along and my rear is about 1.5 inches higher thn it was due to the weight reduction ( top and tailgate permanetly removed) now my angles are off again, and was just wondering what you had going. i really dont want to replace my 4 degree shim with a 6 degree shim or drop my t-case anymore than the factory spacers, but i am going to try both before going to a CV shaft. BTW-the shims are to shim the pinion DOWN.

thanks rob

AIRBORNE!!

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Right now my 241 case is lowered 1-1/2" with no vibration, that will all change with the new setup however. Anyway I would look at putting the tcase in the stock location and going with a CV driveshaft.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

OK Steve, you have probably mentioned this but what mods/upgrades are you doing to the drivetrain? I also have the 241 and was a little disappointed that there was no slip yoke elimination to the CV joint DL. My buddy - one of Jess's official testers - said that they have an extended slip yoke that works well.
    Dave

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a TH400/NP203/NP205 sitting on my garage floor.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

OH - going the heavy duty route! Cool but after your write-up, I know I'll want one!
    Dave