Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Steve.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Mar 20, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hey..... Just wondering how do you avoid the lift laws there (sorry if this is a repost!)? My friend just came back for Spring Break from school in CO. He was telling me lifts are not allowed there (he has a Jeep and was told this by a friendly trooper).... I just think it's funny as heck if that's right and you have the UAV lifted up and big as heck and it's totally illegal.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i was wondering the same thing

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Your friend prolly just got a rookie cop or something, I have never been pulled over for the lift or the tires or any mod, in fact the other day a motorcycle cop was right behind me at a stop light and at the time I didn't even have a rear bumper on, he was behind me for a few blocks then just went around me. I got pulled over last year for speeding and the cop asked me how much lift I had, but that was because he had a chevy and was checking out the Blazer for ideas, in fact after he gave me the ticket he kept on talking about mods and stuff he wanted to do to his truck, finally I said, hey I have to go.

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

we get that around here a lot, I always get nervous cause PA cops are a little more strict than that, but usually they just want to shoot the sh*t...

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Ya, I was suprized the night I got pulled over for no mudflaps. The Trooper followed me through town and when he did yank me he never looked at anything on the truck, he just said with it that high I need mudflaps. He was a young cop but was pretty cool about it.

6. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

we usually get pulled over at 3 am, guy walks to the window and asks how high the bumpers are, we lie and say 28 inches, he says you sure? we say yep. he then says well, whats it got under the hood? are those 38's? how much lift? etc... and Im thinking Dude, im tired as hell and i just wanna go home.....

Thats usually how it goes.

7. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Yeah I dont even know if we have any lift laws in Kansas. I know we have no emissions laws and thank god for that or else i would never get to start the K5's. I'll have to check and see if we do Wes probably knows. I got a good friend that i went to igh school with and he had his K5 lifted 12 inches and a 6 inch body lift, with no mud flaps or anything and he had never gotten a ticket or a warning for it. That was as of the middle of December, dont know if he has got stopped for it since then though.