Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey swamper people running Equal..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFrog, Mar 18, 2003.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

How many ounces of equal are ya'll running in your swampers? The place that installed my tires used equal and lead weights, It rode horrible, I removed the weights and it helped, now I think it just needs a little bit more equal, I'm guessing they used 4-8 oz. What is a good amount to balance these tires? 38.5x16-16.5

2. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I run 8 oz of bb's in each tires....no complaints:)

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

hrmmmm... dang, hard to remember. 4wpw has an official "how much you need" chart from the people that actually make the stuff. I am almost posetive that the chart called for 6 oz of the stuff for my 39.5 TSLs. Ive also heard that some shops want a lil more $ so they use more than you really need....

j

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I'm running 9oz. in each of my 42's. They ride great up to 70mph.

5. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i rode around on my new 38.5 sx's for 100 miles or so without any balencing and they rode really bad... so i went back and had them put in 8oz per tire of this new stuff they called "counteract" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the guy said its made from glass bb's that belive it or not, when used in the real truck tires with like 10 plys of steel. they build up a static charge and cling better to the tire /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.. he said that because i only have 1 belt or so it might not work like that... but the stuff is far better than equal in being resistent to water asorbtion /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif plus i think it must have better distribution qualitys than a powder.

it cost me 60 bucks /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif to have them toss that stuff in, but after driveing back on the highway it was worth every penny /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ask around, he said that its pretty available /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Do they rattle? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i rode around on my new 38.5 sx's for 100 miles or so without any balencing and they rode really bad... so i went back and had them put in 8oz per tire of this new stuff they called "counteract" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the guy said its made from glass bb's that belive it or not, when used in the real truck tires with like 10 plys of steel. they build up a static charge and cling better to the tire /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.. he said that because i only have 1 belt or so it might not work like that... but the stuff is far better than equal in being resistent to water asorbtion /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif plus i think it must have better distribution qualitys than a powder.

it cost me 60 bucks /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif to have them toss that stuff in, but after driveing back on the highway it was worth every penny /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ask around, he said that its pretty available /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    is ther a website for that tuff? who is the dealer for it?
    it sounds interesting.

8. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I have had nothing but trouble wilth equal in my 36 inch swampers. They had the right amount of equal in them and it shook my truck pretty good. Did not matter what speed I was at it would still shake pretty good. So I had schwabs take the equal out I ran the tires unbalanced for 20 miles went back to schwabs and had them use tire patch weights on the inside of the tire and lead weights on the back of the rim. I now have 11,500 miles on them and they still ride great and the balance is still the same on all four.
    Colin

9. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

Do they rattle? no not at all, i can't hear anything. what with those tires and my exhuast i can't hear myself think /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. however i doubt even if you were stock you'd be able to hear it..

i don't know of a web site yet but i'll ask tommorrow and post it up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif..

10. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

here's some info on that stuff... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

www.counteractbalancing.com

or 1-800-572-8952 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

happy trails guys /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif