Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Tecton, regarding Poohbairs rollover....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Tell me honestly that if the rollover was someone like Fox or Watson, would you still run your mouth off like you did in the locked thread? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Dout it...... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tell me honestly that if the rollover was someone like Fox or Watson, would you still run your mouth off like you did in the locked thread? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just read the thread and I've got to say that Tecton knows how to bring the dumbassery to topics he is officially clueless on.................

5. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Thank you Wes for posting this. I was about to and then saw that you had beat me. I have 4 kids and at anytime I have at least 2 of them in the truck and they are always prepared for a roll over and the truck is built for it. As far as this ass hat and bry guy or who ever he is maybe he don't have a family or a truck that is worthy of roll overs. Just don't judge others unless you know the facts. Cause it can and will bite you in the ass.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, the big thing that irked me was the fact Watson and Fox both have cages and their whole idea there was to protect their family members, too.

I seriously doubt anyone would ever come off like Tecton did to either of those two guys. Its all in who you are and where you stand or rank on this site that causes some to be jerks to others.

On a serious note, Poohbairs cage was the best modification he could do to the truck, especially when he wants to take the family on an outing. Lord knows I would never take my family on any trails like that because I have absolutely NO rollover protection whatsoever. That would be the trip I go solo and maybe a lone passenger with both of us strapped in. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i must admit, i was kinda wondering why poohbair was so pumped about the rollover when i first read the post BEFORE anyone posted responses. I know he took precautions and that is was the sport is about when done right, but speeding with kids because you have airbags is also not right.

I'm not in anyway saying anything negative, I just think Tecton saw the "kid factor", and not the "cool factor"(as i did) and posted quite aggressively to it(too aggressive i'd agree).

No one is going to take poohbairs kids away and he did everything right to protect them, I just don't think its an experience to be so jazzed about, thats all. He said himself that his own wife was freaked about it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Edit: Tecton, the gun talk was WAY off track though and towards someone who wasn't even there /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif Don't be so defensive and just "restate" in a proper manner what you intended to say /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

sorry i didnt reply "yeehaw, get her done"
    "Tecton saw the "kid factor""

say it with me, Common Sense

9. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Again, you come off as if he did this on purpose...

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what happened did it get locked out or blocked off rather? i was going to post an apology but then it said thread locked . but anyway, i just wanted to say that i truly am sorry for coming of like such an ass. i was just pissed of about some other stuff and took to much of it out on the post, and didnt mean what i said. i was not trying to imply that he was a bad father or that he should have his kids taken away or anything liekethat please understand that! i just dont get whats so great about smashing up an old chevy was basicly all i was trying to say. and i dont exactly have anything against fords lol, i just rather a ford get smashed over a chevy. but again i came of like an [darn] and just wanted to apolagize to poohbair, and all u other guys , those were not my intentions to piss u guys of and im sorry for that!! i think i just got the wrong impression from the post how he wrote it, but again i am sorry and was not trying to bite his head of for what he did!!

11. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Some people are going to hate me for this, but I do not think rolling that vehicle over with his children it was a good thing to cheer about. What if one of them had been partially ejected and rolled over, or the truck caught fire, and he could not get all of them out in time before the truck was a raging fire.

Factory seat belts do a poor job of holding people in, and it is hard as hell to get a factory seat belt to release when upside down. Just imagine the pure panic that would set in trying to release factory seat belts, upside down, with the vehicle on fire!

I have driven and crashed Funny Cars at well over 200 MPH, and I have healthy respect for what speed can do a person, even at only a few miles an hour. When I drove Funny Cars I had a five-point seat belt, Helmet, five layer fire suite, wrist restraints, and an on-board 20 Lb. fire extinguisher system.

I take my little boy wheeling too, but I only do it on well-maintained fire roads, and gently rolling hills at most. I had two of my best friends killed in a four-wheeling accident back in 1986, and all they did was roll a truck at a few miles an hour down a 600 ft. hill.

12. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Flipping a properly built rig with your kids inside is like watching them crash on there bike for the first time. You never want to see it happen but if he is going to stay in the sport and learn it will happen. It's scary and they can be bruised or scrached but most likely there fine; the bike is dented or the handlebars bent and as long as they had there helmet and gloves on they learned as many lessons as you, plus your blood is pumping so of course you want to tell others that enjoy the same hobby. By the way how many kids do you have ????

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

its kinda like back around home, most every farmer has a four-wheeler, and most every farmers son(all of my friends) rides it as fast as it can posibly go whenever they ride it, whether is be spring, summer, fall, winter. And its basically just a matter of time before each and every fourwheeler has been rolled. I havent rolled mine yet but ive put it on its side more times then i can count.

Anyway, the pure fact, he didnt do it on purpose, and he built a cage in his rig to protect his family makes it innocent enough for me

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh yea, and K5DRAGER, my truck is in no way at all equipt for a rollover, its stock but for a small lift, 33's and a few other odds and ends, i love my truck but it is not a hardcore rig in anyway way, and no, i am only a senior in high school, i dont have a family(of my own), but i think the way he wrote it just made it sound a little questionable. but i just blurted out befor i thought about it and i am very sorry for that!

15. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I should probably keep my mouth shut but here goes.

If I recall correctly, Poohbair's cage was the first thing he had ever built out of metal -- and it was built out of "nascar" tubing. I am very glad that it did its job and protected his kids.

I am definately not skilled enough as a weldor to make a cage to protect my family yet.

I am glad that everyone is okay. I don't think anyone should have their kids taken away for going on a family outing -- even if some danger is involved (ever seen a family rock climbing?)

I do think that Poohbair's post might have given the wrong impression. I think he was pleased that the cage worked, and that everyone was okay. I don't think he was stoked that he had just rolled a truck with his kids in it.

16. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I guess it just comes to people getting different messages from the same message!(humans /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif). We're all glad everyone is alright and the cage worked /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Poohbair - now you can get the /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif and make it into a full convertible /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

17. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I am glad that everyone is okay. I don't think anyone should have their kids taken away for going on a family outing -- even if some danger is involved (ever seen a family rock climbing?)

I do think that Poohbair's post might have given the wrong impression. I think he was pleased that the cage worked, and that everyone was okay. I don't think he was stoked that he had just rolled a truck with his kids in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably better worded than my post. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well put, you took the words right out of my mouth..

19. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
    Ok, I can’t keep my mouth shut anymore. I, as a father of two and a career Paramedic have to say a few things. One: If everyone took the precautions that Poohbairs has then I’d be out of a job. I guess if I had to chastise him for anything, it would be that the gear in the rear should have been secured better (judging by the pics) Two: If more parents had a good enough relationship with their kids to involve them in their free time, again, I may be out of a job. Three: If ANYONE said to my face my kids should be taken from me…. Lord knows, I hope you can run fast. That said, people have different ideas about what’s safe. The important thing is to mitigate the risks. I think his kids are far better off in a roll cage with their parents than home alone…anytime!

20. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok, I can’t keep my mouth shut anymore. I, as a father of two and a career Paramedic have to say a few things. One: If everyone took the precautions that Poohbairs has then I’d be out of a job. I guess if I had to chastise him for anything, it would be that the gear in the rear should have been secured better (judging by the pics) Two: If more parents had a good enough relationship with their kids to involve them in their free time, again, I may be out of a job. Three: If ANYONE said to my face my kids should be taken from me…. Lord knows, I hope you can run fast. That said, people have different ideas about what’s safe. The important thing is to mitigate the risks. I think his kids are far better off in a roll cage with their parents than home alone…anytime!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the best thing i have heard all night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.