Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey! That's my bike................

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Oct 3, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Officer Spots Own Stolen Motorcycle

GREENVILLE, SC-October 3, 2005 - Police officer Jeremiah Motz says he was shocked – to see his stolen motorcycle in the back of a pickup.

The bike was stolen the day before from his apartment complex in Greenville, South Carolina. Early Saturday morning, he saw his motorcycle in a truck driving through the complex.

Just to make sure, Motz checked the license plate and sure enough it was his.

The driver tried to make a getaway – but didn't get far. Officers say they busted two suspects in a local church parking lot. (Copyright 2005 by the Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:doah: . I'll make sure that I start locking my handlebars.

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

Morons i'm glad they were caught i'm in greenville and hadn't heard about this yet.

4. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

almost same thing happened to me left my bike out went to the bar came home and it was gone. friend called and sayed she saw it in the back of a truck( but her specifics were far from specific). told the cops and the word got around. a week later it was found in an alley a few blocks from where she saw the truck. the cops let me ride it home from there.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Surprise. Let the beat down begin. :D

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'd be just a little pissed...
    I was just thinking the other day how motorcycle parking depends a lot on trust in the community... I was nervous leaving my car alone in a train station all day when I first started commuting, lately I've left the bike there with saddlebags that don't have locks. My dad told me not to polish it when I got it :haha: .
    I always check my helmet after it's been locked on the bike all day for spit or some other nasty practical joke material before I put it on, though... I'm thinking maybe I'll get one of those kryptonite cable locks to run through the spokes, too...

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Right on for the cop. Yeah, in this day and age, if I had a motorcycle, even if I was parking in a good neighborhood, I'd still lock it up in case some teen decided to take a joyride.