Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey will 2000 3/4 ton wheels work on my 86 Silverado?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Silverado4x4, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Silverado4x4

Silverado4x4 Registered Member

they are 16x7 eight lugs which i will need when i swap axles. 1st question: are they the right offset and bolt pattern?
    2nd question: Can i just take the center caps off in front for the hubs?
    3rd question: Whats the widest tire i can fit on a 16 x7? I have the factory wheels now (rally wheels with trim rings) which can't be any wider than 15x7 and i have 33x12.5 on them. They work fine.....

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    This is just my opinion but.....I tried to put the wheels off my 98 z71 on my K5. sure its a 1/2 ton and different than what your are doing but the offset was WAY off, IMO the hubs hanging out the center of the wheel looked really goofy and I think they would really catch in the rocks etc.

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

3. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

The 8 lug rims shouild bolt up to any GM 3/4 ton 8-lug axle with no problem.

I personally would not run a 33"x12.5" tire on a 7" wheel though; but that's just my opinion.

Do you have a lift? If not, they will most likely rub the inner fender walls when wheeling.

When I did my 10 bolt to 14 bolt conversion, I opted for 15"x10" wheels; and they are a perfect fit for my 33"x15" tires on a 2 1/2" suspension lift.

Good luck in whatever you decide,

Thomas.

-- '84 K5 Blazer --
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://Stoopalini.coloradok5.com>http://Stoopalini.coloradok5.com</A>